Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

Sufficient laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sufficient laptop

Hi, new to the forum and tgc. I am looking for advice on a sufficient laptop to run the game. Not looking for anything crazy. Just want to be able to run the game fairly smoothly with more than adequate graphics. I will be running the simulator on a 4:3 projector and don’t plan on playing in 1080 if that makes a difference. Any advice or laptop models that have worked for you would be much appreciated.

So I take it you only plan to run 1280 x 1024 in your setup? If so, you will likely be able to get along with an Intel i3 8100 or AMD Ryzen 3 2200 with Nvidia 1050TI or AMD RX 560 or a bit better would work. To me, it would be better to get a Intel i5 8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and a Nvidia GTX 1060 6G or an AMD RX 570 4G or better. 8G of ram should be enough.

Comment

I use the following laptop and run TGC in 4K (3840 resolution) and the graphics card is the main driver of that. It runs smooth for me...

MSI GE62VR 7RF
      Core i7 7700 @ 2.8GHz
      16GB RAM
      GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Comment

While we have a computer thread going, what we use now I'm almost positive won't be sufficient to run TGC2019. The graphics card is GTX 950 I believe, but has been more than adequate for us so far. We have been thrilled with the look and the gameplay even though I'm sure we are missing on on some better graphics. My question is should I upgrade computers soon before the new version comes out or wait and upgrade after new version. I'm not very tech savvy, just trying to figure out the best strategy for the conversion. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
          I use the following laptop and run TGC in 4K (3840 resolution) and the graphics card is the main driver of that. It runs smooth for me...

MSI GE62VR 7RF
          Core i7 7700 @ 2.8GHz
          16GB RAM
          GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
          Hey there, are you running 4k on the simulator or the laptop for Mouse play. If simulator what did you mean by running in 4k do you have a 4K projector?

Comment

• frodaddy00
            frodaddy00 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use the laptop to run TGC simulator software. I use a 55" 4K TV in my garage instead of a projector.

I see, got it. I have a projector that simulates 4K. And then I bought a touch screen which is 1080p. Apparently those do not make music together need to be same resolution Im told and I'm not about to pay for a 4K touch screen. So right now that touch screens sits dormant.

Comment

Originally posted by BSCampbell View Post
            While we have a computer thread going, what we use now I'm almost positive won't be sufficient to run TGC2019. The graphics card is GTX 950 I believe, but has been more than adequate for us so far. We have been thrilled with the look and the gameplay even though I'm sure we are missing on on some better graphics. My question is should I upgrade computers soon before the new version comes out or wait and upgrade after new version. I'm not very tech savvy, just trying to figure out the best strategy for the conversion. Thanks for any advice.
            TGC2019 seems to run better than TGC 1 for me. I have gaming PC with an nvidia 1070. That is more than enough. I run TGC 2019 at 1440p resolution, all details maxed, and get 60-100fps.

TGC2019 has the ability to reduce render scale, which will allow it to run at decent framerates on under-powered PCs. It wont look as crisp (the game is rendered a lower resolution then up-scaled to the output resolution), but it will be a good work-around for people with older video cards. Getting a smooth 60fps will be possible on lots of hardware.

Buy it on steam, test it out, and return it. You can return it within 2 hours of gameplay.

And if you do want to upgrade your PC, you should not have to upgrade your whole computer. Just get a new video card.

Comment

• BSCampbell
              BSCampbell commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the advice!
          Working...
          X