Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

TGC/Skytrak Glitches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC/Skytrak Glitches

I'm having increasingly more issues with TGC. I have had the Skytrak/TGC combo for one year now.

It all started with the odd time I left the game on without hitting a shot for awhile it would go into windowed view.

This has started happening every round now and it makes it run a lot choppier.

The last round I played the keyboard stopped working so I wasn't able to aim at all for putts/shots. I had to quit the round. I tried typing on something outside of TGC and my keyboard worked fine.

The round before that me and a friend got to the 9th hole and the light on the skytrak disappeared and didn't come back on. So had to quit the round again and start over.

I am frustrated my $1000 game is struggling to finish a single round without a glitch. It's winter now and I have a weekly game with friends every Saturday and i'd like my game to run smoothly.

Is there anything I can do to fix/prevent any of these problems?

Just some things to check:
    1. Have you updated your Skytrak firmware lately? should be on version 3.3.2
    2. Tell us some details about the computer you use, is it a laptop or a Desktop
    3. tell us about what hardware is in your PC, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Operating system
    4. Have you updated your computer hardware's firmware? Example, Motherboard firmware/BIOS, Video card drivers, Windows updates
    5. If you have/use a 64bit system, have you tried installing the 32-bit firmware from Skytrak instead? (this resolved an issue for me)
    Last edited by L0GJ4M; 11-08-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

My thoughts as well. This sounds more a pc system issue. I’ve had the choppy issue as well, but each time it was related to me needing to update windows or my GPU drivers.

Comment

I’ve never run TGC full screen. It always would switch to windowed at the wrong time and mess up the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by L0GJ4M View Post
          3. tell us about what hardware is in your PC, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Operating system
          4. Have you updated your computer hardware's firmware? Example, Motherboard firmware/BIOS, Video card drivers, Windows updates
          5. If you have/use a 64bit system, have you tried installing the 32-bit firmware from Skytrak instead? (this resolved an issue for me)
          I just recently did the update to 3.3.2. 64 bit version. It messed up the first time during the 32 bit install. Microsoft Visual 2012 C++ popped up and gave me 3 options Repair/Uninstall/Close. I chose uninstall for some reason without really thinking. When I opened up Skytrak it would not even look for a connection. I went back to the website and installed the 3.3.2 64 bit version and hit repair when the C++ popped up and I was then able to find the connection when I opened Skytrak.

I have an HP Omen Desktop. It was bought strictly for Skytrak and it has nothing else on it. I don't know if Skytrak or TGC reside on the SSD or hard drive which I imagine would help too if it was on the SSD.

The specs are:
          • Processor: Intel Core i7-7700.
          • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060.
          • Memory: 12.00 GB.
          • Storage: 1 TB + 128 GB
          It does automatic updates so I would assume it is up to date with everything.

I had all these issues minus the keyboard issue before the 64-bit install of 3.3.2. It was the 32-bit previous version before that.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
            I’ve never run TGC full screen. It always would switch to windowed at the wrong time and mess up the graphics.
            Yeah I am going to do that from now on. If there is no fix for when it goes into windowed mode then I might as well start in windowed to prevent the choppiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcalli90 View Post

Yeah I am going to do that from now on. If there is no fix for when it goes into windowed mode then I might as well start in windowed to prevent the choppiness.
              Exactly. It drove me crazy. I’d have a buddy over and we’d be on like 7 and bam. You can set the task bar to disappear and it’s almost full screen.

Comment

Originally posted by L0GJ4M View Post
                I was able to borrow our IT guy from work and he said my computer was definitely in need of some love and was way behind on updates/firmware for motherboard, graphics card, everything lol

It was a brand new computer last year and I assumed this all this stuff updated automatically. Rookie mistake haha

So I will post back if I run into any of the same glitches in the next couple days.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
                  Editing a comment
                  A good ole fashion windows reboot is ideal as well.

I'm new to skytrak/TGC and have started experiencing the same issue. Brand new gaming laptop with 1060 gt video card, lots of processor power and memory. Windowed makes the screen display very small and can't seem to be sized larger without unchecking windowed. I'd like to hear of a real fix for this.

Comment

That's weird, my windowed takes up just about the entire monitor in 16:9 format, you really can't even tell it's in windowed mode.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                    That's weird, my windowed takes up just about the entire monitor in 16:9 format, you really can't even tell it's in windowed mode.
                    Mine too, windowed almost looked irrelevant in difference

Comment

Same for me. If windowed is showing as small it’s something to do with the screen size you have set at start up of TGC I believe.

Comment

What resolution setting are you selecting when the windowed check box is selected? You are probably defaulting to a very low setting, which results in a small application window for TGC.

Comment

Using high resolution. I hope they intend to fix this and not just ignore it. I'm pretty bummed about it even though for some of you it appears to be no big deal.
                          I set up my projector specifically to have full screen display of TGC.

Comment

What is the exact resolution you are selecting in the TGC application?

Comment

Working...
                            X