Course Design TGC 2019 - Which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Design TGC 2019 - Which ones?

We plan to ask friendBOMBER to design a couple of courses for TGC 2019.

Let us know which courses are high on "our" list. Maybe someone can collect the votes?

Are you using Lidar for this one?
    Originally posted by BadEddieKit View Post
    Arcadia Bluffs is almost complete. You can take that one off the above list..

Comment

• BadEddieKit
      BadEddieKit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, using Lidar.. adding final details now

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      BadEddieKit thats great. Looking forward to playing it. Let me know when you publish and what the name is in TGC2019

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      BadEddieKit thats great. Looking forward to playing it. Let me know when you publish and what the name is in TGC2019

Originally posted by BadEddieKit View Post
    Arcadia Bluffs is almost complete. You can take that one off the above list..
    So it's ready to be played or you made it on the PC and so not yet?

Comment

• BadEddieKit
      BadEddieKit commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost ready, but havent published quite yet

Dude, having done it pre lidar and post lidar how does the original compare?
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• BadEddieKit
      BadEddieKit commented
      Editing a comment
      I think i did fairly well on the original, however, I've noticed some differences for sure. One thing that helped was alot of video and images that I could use, that arent always available on other courses. The lidar version is pretty damn sweet tho!

2 holes laid out so far. Had to start with 15 and 16!

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. I'll take my 7 and move on

• Michael M.
      Michael M. commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW! Just Wow! So beautiful!

• Mrtheplague
      Mrtheplague commented
      Editing a comment
      I live about 3 hours drive from this course and have been fortunate to play it yearly since the course opened... again this upcoming June. Truly incredible.
      Your work on 16 looks AMAZING. Can't wait to play it!

Holy SH1tttt!!

imagine hitting into that little bunker that starts sloping down toward the cliff. No thanks on that one lol.

Comment

So STOKED to see this friendBOMBER

Comment

Hey guys. I am working on a lidar version of Shadow Creek in North Las Vegas. I live just a few blocks from the course and have thousands of photos that I have taken during the Jordan/Jeter celebrity tournaments over the years to help with planting. We are planning on opening an indoor golf studio (using skytraks/tgc) in town this summer and it will be nice to offer the course to play. No pictures yet, but here is a video of a course (my own design) that I am going to publish later this week....

Comment

Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
          2 holes laid out so far. Had to start with 15 and 16!

Did you use LIDAR or the normal method? I’m trying to find good Canadian Lidar.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by bradleystuart View Post
          Hey guys. I am working on a lidar version of Shadow Creek in North Las Vegas. I live just a few blocks from the course and have thousands of photos that I have taken during the Jordan/Jeter celebrity tournaments over the years to help with planting. We are planning on opening an indoor golf studio (using skytraks/tgc) in town this summer and it will be nice to offer the course to play. No pictures yet, but here is a video of a course (my own design) that I am going to publish later this week....

What are you talkin about my mind is blown. The Club at Old mill creek?? I've golfed for the last 20 years living in the northern suburbs of Chicago I've never heard of this course all I do is look for courses. Where is this course? Why did you decide to make this one as opposed to the other North Shore courses? This is like finding out I have a sister fathered from a guy named Darth Vader.

Is this course is currently ready to play TGC 2019 sim or pc?

Comment

Originally posted by bradleystuart View Post

The course is a western suburb course not Northern. Now with more irony I just moved to the western suburbs a year ago am looking for new courses. You feel this one is legit?

Comment

about half way with getting the course laid out:

Comment

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                man that looks friggin awesome

• Mxwoodman
                Mxwoodman commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow that is so cool

Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post
              What are you talkin about my mind is blown. The Club at Old mill creek?? I've golfed for the last 20 years living in the northern suburbs of Chicago I've never heard of this course all I do is look for courses. Where is this course? Why did you decide to make this one as opposed to the other North Shore courses? This is like finding out I have a sister fathered from a guy named Darth Vader.

Is this course is currently ready to play TGC 2019 sim or pc?
              First of all, this course is my own fictional design and unfortunately it does not exist in real life. Old Mill Creek is a village with a population of around 250 that is located just up the highway a bit from Six Flags. My wife's family is all from Lake County which is why I chose that location.

It is not available yet on the sim unfortunately but I hope to rectify that soon. I am publishing the course on TGC2019 this weekend and I have ProTee tournament version (6,200 yards) that is ready to upload when I find someone to do so. Actually I have a few other courses as well that are ready or almost ready to go. I'll put up a post here on the forums soon showing more of my work, including some local Lidar courses that I am working on including Shadow Creek and Las Vegas Golf Club.

Comment

I've got the entire course laid out! On to planting

Comment

• blitz12
                  blitz12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amazing! Very excited to play this one.

• frodaddy00
                  frodaddy00 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This looks incredible. I see a lot of "stroke and distance" penalties in our future unless you've got a 100 ft flop shot handy

Terrific. Hopefully the course can get in there in time for the syncing by Protee they only sync periodically at least historically so

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The sync was often when lots of courses were being produced in TGC1

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool, we'll need many syncs, this Lidar biz is an unforseen abundance of riches for all!

Just published "Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)" on PC and Console. Cabot Cliffs is located in Inverness, Nova Scotia, Canada. Currently ranked as the #1 course in Canada! Designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, Par 72, 6,765. Setup with four different tees and pins. This was a blast to remake using Chad's Lidar tool! Amazingly accurate! What a great track, Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                X