Greetings and Question on Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and Question on Design

Greetings from Maryland. Been a lurker for a few weeks but now the I have my system all up and running I am ready to try my hand at some course designs. I have a few questions about Openstreet and the use of it. Say I go to course that I want to map out to use the lidar data and it looks like someone has already started doing the splines and mapping on Openstreet but maybe hasn't completed it yet or has done a subpar job from what is seen. What is the etiquette on deleting or completing someone else work that they have started? There are a few courses that are in my area that I would love to have on TGC but it looks like they have been started on Openstreet. How do others handle this?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Look forward to participating and learning from all in the forum.

Thanks

What courses are you considering?

Comment

Was looking to do Whiskey Creek, PB Dye Club and Worthington Manor. Probably going to start with Whiskey Creek.

Comment

Funny, I had this happen to me on the lidar version of Pine Valley I’m working on. I had done the entire course on openstreet, including the waste areas with hundreds of islands in them. I literally spent 20 plus hours just doing the bunkers on openstreet. I have the course half way done , took a summer break and come back this fall to find someone had already published the course with my openstreet work. I have no problem with this whatsoever, my lidar version will look much different.. I have 50 plus hours of additional planting and bunkerwork , just on the front nine alone. Openstreet mapping is just a template to start with, a lot of additional love is needed.
        Last edited by Craig118; 12-10-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Already using your pine valley in the presidents cup. It’s so much better than the TGC1 version which was amazing and a course ive used a lot. Well done sir.

That makes sense. I realize that once you get into TGC and start using the design tools there is a lot more to do. I am a graphic Artist by trade and am looking forward to that part of the creation. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Really would like to see Whiskey Creek and PB Dye, both are excellent courses. I've never played Worthington Manor, but have heard it's a nice track also.

Because I know the grounds so well and play it often, I've just started toying around with Bay Hills Golf Club in Arnold - I didn't anticipate this being a quick process but I'm finding it's even more time consuming than I had thought! But the idea of recreating courses that I play in real-life is pretty cool.

Originally posted by Monrovia_Golfer View Post
          Was looking to do Whiskey Creek, PB Dye Club and Worthington Manor. Probably going to start with Whiskey Creek.

Comment

I am publishing a version of Whiskey Creek tonight (4 pins 5 tees) after work ("Whiskey Creek MD v1"). Whoever spline'd that course in OSM did an excellent job
            TGC2019 Courses:

A No Go Club Par 3 v4
            Blue Mash GC v3
            Columbia CC MD v3
            Hampshire Greens GC v3
            Hayfields CC v1
            Maryland National v2
            Needwood GC v2
            Newport National GC v3
            Norbeck CC MD v2
            Northwest GC v3
            PB Dye GC v4