List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

After being an Alpha Tester and playing 9 holes tonight, the following things still need to be fixed.

1. I went to the chipping training area and had a 40 yard shot from the sand and I hit multiple 60 yard swings that would normally be reduced by 40% and all of the shots went 55 to 60 yards without any yardage penalty. Once I started my 9 holes the penalty started working again. I'm wondering if it's just the training area.

2. I had a few shots on the driving range that clearly went left, but the after shot display showed they were way right.

3. The overhead yardage on the course is still shifted when you press 'E'.

4. Yardages are still wrong in the main upper left corner of the screen after you continue a round. I was playing White or blue tees, but when I continued the same game it was listing the yardage for the red tees.

This is all I have for now.

Big bounce occurs on low shots. I had the game set up for punch once and hit driver and it was a low dart nd shot up after landing. Low darts are more common with a golf club.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Yeah, the big bounce is a killer. I had my club course built for TGC 2019 and the punch out from under trees is a shot I take regularly. IRL, this rolls out 100-150 yard. On TGC, I'm lucky to get 50 yards.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse so I am only mentioning things I have experienced now that I have some pretty good time on 2019 that I personally have not brought up before.
        - Getting a ton of no reads on the driver when i go to the next hole, I have read about 2019 hanging on to putting mode from the last hole but I don't see it saying that and its on driver in the right hand corner but if I switch it back to putter and then back to driver it reads no problem.
        - Restart, why can we not just restart a round in the ESC menu? My bud and I like to play a practice 3 or 4 holes and then restart for the round. This is very cumbersome, I mean every single setting will be the same just refresh to the 1st tee.

Hopefully I missing something on the second point and someone can tell how to do this .

Comment

I think I have read this before but every now and again on a low line drive I get a big high short shot.

Comment

• calebm1001
            calebm1001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, dozens of comments on this. It’s bad. Really bad. Low liner last night never went more than 10’ in the air but the first bounce was like 20’ in the air. Cleary needs a bit of reworking. Hopefully this happens soon.

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah punching out is hard it'll merely jack up into the air

I've found the yardages in the HUD to be off quite often. Yesterday I had an 8' putt that was slightly uphill, but the hud said it was 1ft uphill (it was not 1ft - maybe an inch or two).

The UI is very laggy when opening menus - the developers put delays in the screen and menu transitions that were probably meant to smooth out the user experience, but it's very non-user-friendly.

The last thing I have been experiencing is about 75% of my putts go airborne off the putter face. I've tried making sure the ST is in putting mode but this doesn't make a difference. It seems like even on though I'm on the green it's reading putts as chips.

Comment

The UI I've found is quick. If I overclock the GPU, it's even faster. If I go 100% fill all graphic settings at 4k graphic settings, the UI gums up and slows significantly. So maybe that part is your gpu?

Comment

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              The screen appears, but it takes a moment before the escape key will bring up the menu. Please give it a try and let me know - I thought I read about other similar issues but perhaps and hopefully I’m wrong and a reinstall will fix a couple of things for me.

• JB3
              JB3 commented
              Editing a comment
              I notice this also, it takes a sec. I find myself hitting the ESC key over and over then remembering it takes a sec and I have to pause then do it.

• FaultyClubs
              FaultyClubs commented
              Editing a comment
              Tried it again this time looking specifically for any delay. It's well under a second, too fast to think about hitting the ESC key again. Basically no delay so you guys have something setup different or different hardware maybe.

Anyone else notice the issue with uphill lies?

If I have an uphill lie on an undulation in the fairway, no club other than a lob wedge gets over the hill. What I saw last night a few times was the game not accounting for the uphill in my stance. In real life, an 8 iron on an uphill acts like a 9 iron because more loft is added to the club. It's seems clear that the game is playing the shot on a level surface so all of my swings went straight into the ground and popped up into the air 20 feet and landed about 10 feet ahead. I hope that makes sense.

Have you seen this before?
            -KillaCale8

Comment

• rgstech
              rgstech commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. I've seen this quite a few times.

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              When you have a friend over it's a bummer to explain that sometimes that happens and they have to eat what is essentially a stroke penalty.

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I noticed after a few bunker shots that they always seemed to react as thinly hit shots that skim the grass. I rewound a bunch of times and in the end I thought it was a new swing flaw...

We've been playing fourball regularly on TGC 2019 (since there isn't a scramble mode) and notice at least twice per round one of the teams is not allowed their final shot on a hole and the hole is awarded to the other team. For example, if team blue putts to gimme range on their 3rd shot (getting a 4 on the hole) and team red has to make their putt for a 4 on the hole to half the hole, the game automatically awards the hole to team blue and moves to the next hole, without team red having an opportunity to putt. It only seems to happen when the putt needs to be made to half the hole, like the game is automatically assuming a 2 putt.

Comment

• frodaddy00
              frodaddy00 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like maybe a bug where the person who is about to putt has the "2 putt outside XX feet" setting turned on?

• rgstech
              rgstech commented
              Editing a comment
              This is with all 4 players local, so the gimme putt setting is the same for each user. It also does not happen every time.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this in Match Play? TGC1 did the same thing last time I tested it.

I’ve seen this in Four Ball and Alternate Shot. Lots of issues with Game Play in TGC 2019 Local play

Comment

The wife and I enjoy golf together (I am blessed). We are very happy with 2019 and the ability to have multiple tee boxes. We are also happy that her profile can be saved so we don't have to recreate it each time we play.

Having said that we are very very bummed that this bug / error / fault with TGC was not fixed with TGC 2019 and that is . . . if you quit a game on the 9th hole and go back to it the next day to finish the wife (aka Guest) has disappeared. What??? Why??

Please ProTee fix this!!!

Ok, with that off my chest . . . happy with the upgrade over all. (But this is such a major bummer.)

(Yes, two others have already mentioned his but if we can talk about big bounces repeatedly - I wanted this important need for a fix to be raised again in case ProTee is listening.)

Comment

I played Yarrow v1.1 LiDar today and had a weird episode in the rough. I hit a lousy shot off #7 tee and ended up in the rough just in front of the first bunker on the right.
                TGC2019 suggested lob wedge, of course I hit a 3 wood. Made great contact but it came out as a lob wedge. I thought ok just me. Hit a few more out, same thing hit different clubs, same thing.
                I was also change to the club selection as well during this. No matter what I tried it came out as a lob wedge hitting a lob shot.

Anyone else had this happen?

Seems like it was stuck on lob wedge.

Comment

• kalcormier
                  kalcormier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've had this happen a few times. I thought maybe it had something to do with the rough when the course was designed. But I'm not really sure.

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same issues out of the rough last night. Was yours an uphill lie by chance?

• Whiskeyjack
                  Whiskeyjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No mine was a pretty flat lie. I tried it 7 to 10 times with different clubs same result. Every shot came out like a lob shot.

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                I played Yarrow v1.1 LiDar today and had a weird episode in the rough. I hit a lousy shot off #7 tee and ended up in the rough just in front of the first bunker on the right.
                TGC2019 suggested lob wedge, of course I hit a 3 wood. Made great contact but it came out as a lob wedge. I thought ok just me. Hit a few more out, same thing hit different clubs, same thing.
                I was also change to the club selection as well during this. No matter what I tried it came out as a lob wedge hitting a lob shot.

Anyone else had this happen?

Seems like it was stuck on lob wedge.
                When this happens check the carry. It might say less than one yard meaning it hit the ground in front of the ball.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
                  Whiskeyjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think the carry was a yard. As I said above I hit 7 to 10 shots and they all looked like really nice lobs that went about 30-40 yds.
                  It was quite bizarre.

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got nothing, lol

Is there is a way to save a game(match) mid game, or to quit a game? I tried last night but couldn't figure it out.

Comment

• wbond
                  wbond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think if you go back to play it again, there is an option to resume round

• Rockstar1974
                  Rockstar1974 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But how do I actually save the game?

• chriscwhite
                  chriscwhite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When you quit out of the current course you are playing, it automatically saves your progress.

Rewind feature is buggy, does not work sometimes which is a pain, due to it I’m using FSX more and more

Comment

Adding guest names is difficult; not sure if it is a bug or not.

Many times it does not allow me to change the guest's name...but later it will work.

Not sure, but it seems that if the first thing I change after entering the new name is the gender of the golfer then the name tends to stay as newly entered. But if I don't first change the gender, then the name change is not retained.

Comment

• Solstice72
                    Solstice72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah it's not seamless just like the original golf club was not seamless. There should be a repository or a bank of Prior guests or other players that you've made a profile for that you can pick from each time.
                Working...
                X