List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Bugs Still in TGC 2019

After being an Alpha Tester and playing 9 holes tonight, the following things still need to be fixed.

1. I went to the chipping training area and had a 40 yard shot from the sand and I hit multiple 60 yard swings that would normally be reduced by 40% and all of the shots went 55 to 60 yards without any yardage penalty. Once I started my 9 holes the penalty started working again. I'm wondering if it's just the training area.

2. I had a few shots on the driving range that clearly went left, but the after shot display showed they were way right.

3. The overhead yardage on the course is still shifted when you press 'E'.

4. Yardages are still wrong in the main upper left corner of the screen after you continue a round. I was playing White or blue tees, but when I continued the same game it was listing the yardage for the red tees.

This is all I have for now.

So, if you hit somewhere between F7 & F10, all HUD dissappears, and it ain't comin' back for the rest of the round.
    I've seen someone else mention that problem too.
    The work around is hitting E to get yardages the rest of the time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_161723.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	204580 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_161502.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	204581 Also, I'm sure mentioned before elsewhere, player position can be wrong. Shown here player is 3ft, but he's 6 ft and change out.

Comment

Most of the keys won't work now and they always have before. Q, WASD, Z-X, arrow keys, and some others I never use. R, H do work.
        Anyone got any idea's, tried rebooting, stil doesn't work.

Comment

This Thread is from a while ago.

I'm curious, has anything been fixed or updated in TGC 2019 in the interim, especially the things considered "bugs"?

I certainly am not aware of any patches or revisions being published.

Comment

4.0.7 if your up to date
            Attached Files

Comment

Still the weird first bounce, the key for flag, the "Q" key doesn't work as well, the "E" key just throws you all over the place, I can hit a 10,000 rpm wedge onto a green and it hardly checks up at all on "very soft" green setting, there is the "your level" and "your money" stuff, the search for courses thing is really awkward. I miss being able to "rewind" a putt that I missed, but ended up as a gimmee, so I could try it again if I wanted instead of just getting kicked to the next tee.
              If these were new features the bugs be more understandable but all of this stuff worked in the last TGC.

I wonder what the ratio is of sim version people playing in the online tournaments and such compared to people just playing for practice or fun with friends at home? It seems like they have devoted lot of their resources and interest into the online tourney stuff.

Still a very nifty piece of software to be sure but I hope some of these bugs get smoothed out eventually.

Comment

Strange. I hit 10,000rpm wedges on soft and it stops fast or comes back a bit.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huh, I get about the same backspin on real courses as I do on the last TGC. Depends of course on green conditions, wind and slope but if I hit a wedge well it usually stops very quickly or backs up a bit. Most of my irons will check up to some extent if I hit them well (and hit the green, not a given to be sure).
                  Eh, who knows??

Have a good one mt!

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No way TGC1 was realistic, I could zip a ball back 30 feet on 11500 spin wedge shot. In TGC2019 it's more realistic except that the ball bounces 3 to 4 yards on every ball hitting the green. Most my shots in real life from at least 8 iron on stop within a foot of the mark on the green or they spin back slightly with the wedges.

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jwheels It kind of depends on the green slope, I've had balls roll back a ton, but it was usually because there was a strong slope back towards me. (And, of course, those were always the balls that landed short of the hole.... )
                  There are a few courses I've played that have such steep greens that you putt up toward the hole and if you don't get over the crest of the rise it will roll back past you coming back down. (in real life too)

When that happens, check the spin. I have had this happen at least three times now, TGC cuts the backspin in half. I took a pic of it this last time.

Name:	image_13623.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	221753

Name:	image_13624.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	221754
                Originally posted by trhuke View Post
                Still the weird first bounce, the key for flag, the "Q" key doesn't work as well, the "E" key just throws you all over the place, I can hit a 10,000 rpm wedge onto a green and it hardly checks up at all on "very soft" green setting, there is the "your level" and "your money" stuff, the search for courses thing is really awkward. I miss being able to "rewind" a putt that I missed, but ended up as a gimmee, so I could try it again if I wanted instead of just getting kicked to the next tee.
                If these were new features the bugs be more understandable but all of this stuff worked in the last TGC.

I wonder what the ratio is of sim version people playing in the online tournaments and such compared to people just playing for practice or fun with friends at home? It seems like they have devoted lot of their resources and interest into the online tourney stuff.

Still a very nifty piece of software to be sure but I hope some of these bugs get smoothed out eventually.

Attached Files
                Last edited by wbond; 10-08-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

They haven't fixed bounce on the green either, when it hits on the second or third bounce, there is always a slight jog to the right.

Comment

Hello,
                    How are TGC 2019 software updates pushed out should one occur? Are they automatic in Windows? does SkyTrak ever need updates? Just bought all this a month ago.

Few things I can share:
                    a.) This past weekend, Oct. 5, 2019, I had a low line-drive drive and it popped up into the air in TGC 2019.

b.) Also had my player set-up reset (reverted aviator and bag back to original).

c.) My friend was having a heck of a time getting his driver to be read. Mine was fine. I’m going to buy him some black athletic tape to put in the toe side is his driver because the stainless steel(?) finish wraps from the bottom of the head up and around the head showing SkyTrak a mirror like finish which I suspect is the culprit.

d.) I think the E map is hard to use and offers me little assistance. Can I get it to adjust so that the hole is always with the tee box on the bottom and the green at the top? there are times I can’t locate where my ball is (or my partners ball is on the screen, does it only show the player who’s turn it is?). This is meant to be a static map, yes?

e.) Are there any known issues with the interaction of the main field of view with the picture-in-picture view?

f.) In the main field of view, when flipping through different clubs, where are the pre-set distances for each club stored? Are they amendable? Is there a display for the screen that tells you 5i circle is 195 yards, then when you flip to 6i, 185 yards equals that landing zone circle?

g.) Sometimes, I can’t adjust the aim when using the Q screen while looking at a green.

Thanks for your time,
                    Phil

Comment

For F, you cannot edit those.
                      For g, if you move the aiming reticule just in front of the hole, then you can get the view to work correctly.
                      Originally posted by philbanc View Post
                      Hello,
                      How are TGC 2019 software updates pushed out should one occur? Are they automatic in Windows? does SkyTrak ever need updates? Just bought all this a month ago.

Few things I can share:
                      a.) This past weekend, Oct. 5, 2019, I had a low line-drive drive and it popped up into the air in TGC 2019.

b.) Also had my player set-up reset (reverted aviator and bag back to original).

c.) My friend was having a heck of a time getting his driver to be read. Mine was fine. I’m going to buy him some black athletic tape to put in the toe side is his driver because the stainless steel(?) finish wraps from the bottom of the head up and around the head showing SkyTrak a mirror like finish which I suspect is the culprit.

d.) I think the E map is hard to use and offers me little assistance. Can I get it to adjust so that the hole is always with the tee box on the bottom and the green at the top? there are times I can’t locate where my ball is (or my partners ball is on the screen, does it only show the player who’s turn it is?). This is meant to be a static map, yes?

e.) Are there any known issues with the interaction of the main field of view with the picture-in-picture view?

f.) In the main field of view, when flipping through different clubs, where are the pre-set distances for each club stored? Are they amendable? Is there a display for the screen that tells you 5i circle is 195 yards, then when you flip to 6i, 185 yards equals that landing zone circle?

g.) Sometimes, I can’t adjust the aim when using the Q screen while looking at a green.

Thanks for your time,
                      Phil

Comment

Being able to use the "E" key to cycle through different side views of the putt is something I sorely miss.

Comment

The first bounce on those low lining shots cramps my 3 wood punch shot. I can hit it like 170 5 feet off the ground from under trees. I perfected that shot because i'm in trees often haha.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                            When that happens, check the spin. I have had this happen at least three times now, TGC cuts the backspin in half. I took a pic of it this last time.

Name:	image_13623.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	221753

Name:	image_13624.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	221754
                            Wow. I’ve never seen that. Bizarre.
                            My Courses:
                            World Par 3's by mthunt
                            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                            Weston G&CC by mthunt
                            London Hunt Club L mthunt
                            Park CC Lidar mthunt
                            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                            The National GC L mthunt
                            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                            Markland Woods CC mthunt
                            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                            Magna GC L mthunt
                            Barrie CC L mthunt
                            mthunt Range

Comment

• mthunt
                              mthunt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              How did you get exactly 10,000 rpm?

• FaultyClubs
                              FaultyClubs commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That limit is actually pretty close to a realistic shot. PGA average for PW is 9304 rpm at 24.2 degrees. That's average meaning half the field gets more spin.

Whether anyone gets 10k while keeping la below 24 degrees I don't know but given the inaccuracies of common LM such readings would happen.

• FaultyClubs
                              FaultyClubs commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Also, human beings attach special significance to 10000...but a properly functioning LM doesn't. So nothing special about 10000 rpm. Ideally it is as likely as getting any other number.

FaultyClubs A PGA average ballspeed for a PW will be MUCH higher than 80mph... You have to have a lot of clubhead speed to generate that kind of spin at 24degrees.

If you were referencing the trackman data for tour pros, the average PW is indeed 9300 with 24 LA. However, the ballspeed is also 100mph. The shot in question has those same parameters but 79 ballspeed...

Spin components include spin loft(dynamic loft - AOA), clubhead speed, ball friction(cover, moisture, grass, etc.), club face friction(groves, moisture, gras, etc.)
                            Last edited by JackedUpSwing; 10-09-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• wbond
                              wbond commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What are you using to determine how much spin you can get based on speed and LA? Is there a chart or calculator somewhere?

• wbond
                              wbond commented
                              Editing a comment
                              mthunt Here is a shot of yours that is 76mph ball speed and you have over 11k spin with 26LA. This goes against what JackedUpSwing is saying above that you can't generate that kind of spin around this LA with that speed. At this point, I don't believe that getting this amount of spin isn't possible. I've pulled many GC2 users data that shows you can generate this type of spin with lower ball speed and launch below 30deg.
                              BS HA LA SA SS BS CA
                              75.8 2 26 -5.2 -1004 11039 86.43

Anyway, maybe my original flat 10000 spin reading was a bad read on the GC2, but I've seen Coz also has a 10000 reading in his data.

• mthunt
                              mthunt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I meant dead on 10000. Not 10034 or 99356. Dead on 10000. I’ve never seen that.
                          Working...
                          X