Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @frackh (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2017/2018 SPRING TOUR - RBC Heritage !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

Hawktree Golf Club - Multi Tee, Multi Pin - Real Golf Course in North Dakota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawktree Golf Club - Multi Tee, Multi Pin - Real Golf Course in North Dakota

jjkoolman offered a course for me to re-make for TGC. It comes from his hometown (I think) that he doesn't' get to play much anymore. Played in college I think. It's a nice play in North Dakota. Some interesting holes and fun for everyone.

Search for "Hawktree Golf Club - (7,000) or 6,500 or 6,000. All three have different tees and pins. Hope you enjoy.

Just played the 6500 option. Great job. Really like the contours and elevation changes. IRL this must be a really challenging course. Could hit my driver straight at all and kept pushing it into the hills. With sim golf there is very little penalty... not that I am complaining =)

Comment

• StormGolf73
      StormGolf73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, hoping to hear from jjkoolman to see how "close" I got. It's not a super recreation, but should feel very familiar at worst I'm hoping.

StormGolf73 - Thank you so much for the creation! I was out of town all weekend and haven't been able to turn on the sim yet, but hoping to get some time tonight or tomorrow. I will definitely give you a review after I get a chance to play it! I can't wait!

Comment

• jjkoolman
      jjkoolman commented
      Editing a comment
      StormGolf73 I couldn't wait...... LOL I HAD to go check it out. Hit a drive and conceded the hole and just went through the 1st 6 holes. AWESOME! Obviously the trees aren't as prevalent on the real course, since it's more prairie/natural grass, but I love the way they make the course look. The layout is spot on and definitely feels like Hawktree. There is a bit more elevation change than what you've created, but still it is very similar. Since I know the course quite well it's easy to pick out a missing hill or added tree, etc. but overall (at least the 1st 6 holes) I'm extremely thrilled with how it turned out. It is such a cool course and very challenging. I am planning on playing it quite a bit to try to at least curb the edge my buddy's have over me by getting to play it all the time! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• StormGolf73
      StormGolf73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. I chose not to try and incorporate the creek throughout the property and one hole doesn't have the water, but I added trees for hazard. No one but you will know Hopefully it's fun and close to enjoy a little reminiscing!

• StormGolf73
      StormGolf73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I just wasn't excited about the openess of the course in the designer. In real life it's probably great as there are "things" out there...but in the game it's just blank! so I added the surrounding trees to block some of the views a bit.

If you get around in the designer and want to tweak some things let me know....you or I could re-publish a "remastered" version or something.

PM me if your interested.

Played without putting and it’s a nice course

Comment

I will have to check this out, from ND and have played this course enough to know it pretty well. Would love to have more ND courses. I've tried to create one or two, but suck at it...never got past the first hole in course creation and gave up. SO GLAD someone made this. Can't wait to try it out! Eats my lunch in real life!

Comment

• StormGolf73
        StormGolf73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Take it easy on my review! lol. As mentioned before I left the creek that runs through the entire property off, due to ability of the designer and time it would take to "fake" it. Without ever stepping foot or having many pictures (just google earth and some elevation data) I think it will be "familiar" to you for sure. Hope you and others enjoy it. It's what it's all about.

Very nice recreation! As far as the creek running thru the property that is missing, it doesn't take a lot away from the playability, it does probably make my score a lot better than it is in real life, and changes the look of course. There is a little more elevation change and some water missing, especially on Hole 7 to the left of the fairway bunkers that change that particular hole quite a bit. Also, a unique feature of this course that probably can't be done, is the black sand (which is actually black coal slag, from a nearby coal plant, which makes the traps look way different). I love that you did this course, and it is going to be one of my favorites for sure! Curious how long it took, and how interested you'd be in recreating another North Dakota course or two! I love what you did here! The Vardon (old Minot Country Club), check out Google Earth images, pre-2011 (flood) and Souris Valley Golf Course are two of my favorite locals that would be great on TGC! Thanks StormGolf73....nice job!

Comment

• StormGolf73
        StormGolf73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the play! Glad you enjoyed it. I chose to not include the creek or water due to the challenge of the current water table limitations in TGC1. In 2, it would have been no problem! I pulled off Southern Hills water in all places but it was a real challenge to get the "feel" right, even though there was a 60+ foot drop from one end to the other that had water on both sides!

Doing that takes quite a bit more time...and well...I just didn't, sorry. I didn't keep track of my time, but I'd say it was probably around....

2 Hours trace (Tees, Fairways and bunkers)
        1 Hour trace Greens
        2-3 Hours General site elevation sculpting
        2-3 Hours detail sculpting (Bunkers and greens)
        1-2 Hours Planting
        1-2 Hours looking over everything

Others I've done have taken quite a bit more time, it just depends of course.
    Working...
    X