Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Simulator for my home - what to buy/build

Hi

I want to have a Golf Simulator in my home. I am seeking advice on what to buy and build.

Budget: 15-20.000$ - but do not have to spent it all :-) Maybe higher, if I get to buy some of the components, like computer, projector and maybe other hardware separately.
    Room: H 9.2ft x W 11.4ft x L 18.7ft. Actually W is about 12ft about 1ft above floor and up - but only 11.4ft at the floor. See picture.
    No or little compromise on ball flight and spin accuracy. I want the correct picture!
    Including decent putting experience.
    Do not want the solid cave enclosure - preferably drapes/curtains or net that easily pulls when playing and pushes when not
    Also nice if hitting screen can easily be pulled up (away) when not playing
    Projector cannot sit right above hitting area - I can easily hit balls in the room without “worrying” about hitting the ceiling, but not if the projector is right above (I am 5.9ft). So either it has to be at floor level (some how), or it must be able to create a nice and square image even though not centered right in front of screen
    Willing to DIY installation - and even homemade none-essential elements like drapes, projector-box, carpets, etc. But the actual hardware, of course, I cannot make myself.
    Decent software - range and 10+ courses.
    Does not necessarily have to be brand new.

Nice to have, but not required:
    Able to use a computer I already have - I have MacMini that I can use
    Would be nice if the tracking device(s) can be easily brought to and used on a outdoor range
    Extensible - able to improve setup along the way, without having to start all over
    Play online
    Computer and projector not too "dedicated" for this particular purpose. Would like to use the setup as a home cinema also
    Some decent club data - club speed, misc angles, where on the club-face did I hit the ball, etc

Note that I live in Denmark, and that when buying from outside EU taxes will be added (25-30%)

Two pictures attached. One showing the room from one end to the other (sorry for the quality). Plan to have the screen at that end, but it can also go the other way. Notice that a big fraction of the side-wall on the left side (or right) is just "an opening to the room" - shown on second picture.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Per... these guys will be able to help you.. they are in UK.

Free & independent advice on the best golf simulators available. Indoor, custom built & bespoke systems. We pride ourselves on offering an independent and unbiased view of what technology is on the market. Contact us Today!

Comment

Beautiful room! Even though I love my permanent golf sim, the space I dedicated was a store room, no windows.

In your case I would suggest a net type system (I think one is called NetReturn) that can be put aside when not in use.

You can use a flat screen TV to show the simulator screen off to the side.

Don't limit yourself to 10+ courses. Sims such as TGC have a huge library of courses available and the software is competitively priced.

Sorry, just one more note... if you live in a place like that... a little extra for taxes shouldn't be too big a deal!

Happy golfing!

Comment

Thanks for the comments. More comments are more than welcome.

Yes, I have a great home. 350 m2 so I have enough space to dedicate a room like that. Will probably have a flat screen for control on the side, but I definitely also want the big screen to hit into. And for home cinema

Comment

Working...
        X