Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image off floor

About this Blog

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing information on this website! I am designing my build and I am trying to keep the cost of the projector minimal. I am looking at the Optoma 1080Darbee with a floor mount. With -11" vertical offset my question is. How do people like their system with screen NOT to the floor? I had always pictured the projector to show the picture all the way to the floor. If I ceiling mount I have worries about hitting the projector with a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I go to 4:3 and have the projector 6'8" from screen I lose screen width.
    Thanks in advance!

Info: Room size is 12' wide, 9' ceiling, 17'+ in length
    Screen size desired is 10' wide max
    GC2 launch monitor with FSX and maybe TGC in the future
    Tee-Line Turf to minimize "stage" thickness

My image is off the floor and it doesn't bother me. I think it's really personal preference. If you have a completely flat surface from hitting area to screen then you would probably want the image to go to the floor for a seamless look. You can always get a cheap wire basket to go around your projector for protection if you are worried about it getting hit.

Comment

My room is 10' wide x 8' high. As well as my screen. I am hitting around 6.5 feet from the screen. . I have a Viewsonic PJD5553LWS and I think around 6.5 feet in 4:3 you only get a 3" vertical offset. It fills my whole screen. I don't have 1080 resolution though.

Comment

I would suggest sticking with the natural 4:3 image that your room allows. You can get the benefit of an HD quality image, floor to ceiling image, as well as side to side. No need to floor mount since the ceiling mount will be out of harm's way. Keep in mind that you don't lose image at the sides by going to 4:3 with a widescreen if you move the projector back.

Comment

Working...
        X