Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCHawk and TGC

Hi,

Does anyone know if the GCHawk would work with TGC game?

Thank you

No it will not.

Comment

Really I was thinking if it has Bluetooth it might work.

Comment

The Quad has bluetooth too and it won't work. The bluetooth is encrypted now.

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70
          Really I was thinking if it has Bluetooth it might work.
          Nope. If it has Bluetooth it will almost definitely be encrypted unless they decided to actually listen to their customers and allow 3rd party apps.

Comment

If they allow 3rd party how many FSX and courses would they sell?

Comment

Ok thanks I didn’t realize that I saw the spec sheet on FS for the quad and the Bluetooth option was grayed out but I gues that meant it’s encrypted. Ok no upgrade for me then stick with me GC2.

Comment

How many courses do they sell now at the prices they ask. I have FSX 2018 and bought a few course and in my opinion not worth it the 3rd party options with all the courses tours etc are such a much better value. I never play my FSX courses. I wonder if Foresight has a mole on this forum. I think many of us would upgrade to quad or hawk if they allowed 3rd party but I know this topic has been beaten to death so I’ll shut up now because it’s not gong to happen.

Comment

Launch monitor hardware companies need to take a lesson from the history of the micro computer industry. That is "You need to commoditize complementary products to scale to the large numbers needed for big profits". Microsoft and the IBM PC are classic examples. Vendors would sell many more launch monitors if they opened up their platform. The launch monitor/simulation software market is primed for a major disruptor in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70 View Post
                    Ok thanks I didn’t realize that I saw the spec sheet on FS for the quad and the Bluetooth option was grayed out but I gues that meant it’s encrypted. Ok no upgrade for me then stick with me GC2.
                    Is it easy to integrate TGC with GC2 unit?

Comment

• sherrow70
                      sherrow70 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes very easy

Originally posted by mmlincon View Post
                    The Quad has bluetooth too and it won't work. The bluetooth is encrypted now.
                    Is the Quad Bluetooth working? I thought it was turned off
                    My Courses:
                    World Par 3's by mthunt
                    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                    Weston G&CC by mthunt
                    London Hunt Club L mthunt
                    Park CC Lidar mthunt
                    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                    The National GC L mthunt
                    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                    Markland Woods CC mthunt
                    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                    Magna GC L mthunt
                    Barrie CC L mthunt
                    mthunt Range

Comment

Yes, the bluetooth is on, I don't recall which firmware enable it. It will actually show up in a Windows bluetooth device but I don't think I ever got it to pair. I think it's only supported with the iPad App. Maybe android, I haven't tried either since I don't really use the iPad app.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlincon
                        If they allow 3rd party how many FSX and courses would they sell?
                        It’s a shame when businesses think this way. It just proves they have an inferior product and would rather rely on strong arming their customers than put the development time and build a better product.

Comment

• mmlincon
                          mmlincon commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm not positive but I think they pay for the development time since they don't actually own the software. When you put it in that perspective does the cost of the software make more sense?

if they would allow the 3rd party software like the CG2, i would have bought the Quad instantly, but I am just one person, i am sure they have their business reasons with their own software, whether it is good or bad i can't tell.

Comment

Working...
                        X