X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA Show - General Sim Observations

Hi gang,

Just a couple of simple observations from a simple guy:

Uneekor: Check out the thread going on in Uneekor forum. Mixed feelings about Uneekor introducing a prototype that will accept unmarked balls (any ball). The unit appears to be exactly the same size as the current model but is mounted in front of the golfer. There is also a software upgrade coming (both in mid-2020). According to other reports, the new LM will be 10-12K and there will be a generous upgrade/trade in path offered.

Full Swing: Interesting the Full Swing golf has parted ways with Tru-Golf. They now have their own proprietary software and according to the sales rep " a very limited number of courses". Graphics on the units I saw were exceptional but they didn't not seem to know the direction they are headed. They had two full sims on display "Sport & Pro" and it sounds like they may be trying to appeal to a broader market (they have typically catered to the higher end with Sims as much as 60K).

Tru-Golf: Tru-Golf had two sims set up... one for golf and one for their "Multi-Sport" offering (more on that later). Of course they were proudly displaying the Connect courses and they have changed their package configurations slightly to accommodate the upgraded graphics. The Multi-Sport requires an add-on sensor that retails for 5K (baseball, soccer, hockey, nerf gun and several others).

Foresight: By far the biggest (and imo, most impressive) display of all the Sims offered. On display were the quad, the GC Hawk, the multisport options and a couple of others. I'm going back tomorrow to talk with them. Their booth (for lack of a better term) was mobbed but I did notice one sim running E6 Connect software. I sat through one demonstration by a PGA pro (teacher of the year) but tbh, he seemed most excited about the fact that he could change the color of the tracer lines when his student changed clubs. Not exactly new tech! This was done on the Quad.

General observations: Most exhibitors were running very high end laser projectors so the graphics looked great. Our mileage may vary. There seemed to be a big push by all for the multi-sport offerings. It might be a nice novelty offering for simulator operators but none of it is very accurate nor is it very realistic. May keep young children occupied for short periods of time. I was surprised at the lack of multi player possibilities (I guess there's only one sensor, right?). There was an overall sense of the industry being fractured. I was surprised at the lack of talk and advertising for TGC 2019.
    Last edited by mikemcd22; 01-23-2020, 08:11 PM.
    --
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

So many many ways to go
    fractured seems an accurate word

vr
    multi sport sims
    not to mention the segments within golf itself
    practice
    Club fitting
    sim play

Comment

Thanks for great information.

Comment

I just realized I neglected to include Skytrak... There's also a thread in the skytrak forum but to be brief, they only new news is about them finally releasing E6 Connect compatibility. Otherwise, no updates to software or hardware that I am aware of.
        --

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.
          TGC will have some nice software improvements this year. All in due time.

Comment

good stuff ........

If you get a chance, ask Doug at Uneekor if they are addressing the premium ball issue for the uneekor system we all have now

Comment

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              just saw your Golf Simulator signature. Rock on.

• Jodymac77
              Jodymac77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I spoke with one of the Uneekor reps briefly at the show. He said there were no plans for a premium ball since the new unit will cover that issue.

The Foresight / E6 partnership is very exciting ... can only help Foresight IMO.

Im a GCQUAD owner and i must say , it hurt leaving E6 to go to FSX 2018 for game play. While i find the ball physics more realistic in FSX 2018 , the graphics are certainly a step down.

FSX for lessons and improvement.... the best .

I firmly believe this partnership was driven by the Uneekor success. Foresight drove so many users away by forcing the FSX 2018 lync. Now , had /if FSX 2018 was better .... maybe a different result .

Anyway, this is exciting news for us Foresight owners!!!

Comment

When is E6 going to be available for GCQuad? I agree with Hacksalot; GCQuad the best for improvement, but lacks in graphics for sim play.

Comment

The Gc2 is EOL, in terms of any software development, correct?

Was there even a Gc2 at the show?

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

• mikemcd22
                  mikemcd22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There was no GC2 at the show. There were 4 GC Hawks and 2 Quads

For questions or comments please email us at info@par2pro.com, phone us toll free at 1-877-417-2161 or visit our website at www.par2pro.com. Par2Pro checks o...

Apparently it’s ready now . interesting points:
                1) Fsx 2018 is required ( which all of us GCQUAD users have )
                2) E6 Connect $2500 , but no annual subscription fee.

This differs a bit from the basic E6 Connect business model, i assume Foresight negotiated the “No annual subscription “ fee due to owners being required to still purchase FSX 2018 .

All in all , i’m still interested. Ill call TruGolf today and verify.

Comment

So for a GC2 owner without FSX, it would cost $5k plus to get E6, cost of FSX+E6 and you only get 25 courses. Sounds like a bargain.
                  Originally posted by Hacksalot View Post
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bq3xafMpRVA

Apparently it’s ready now . interesting points:
                  1) Fsx 2018 is required ( which all of us GCQUAD users have )
                  2) E6 Connect $2500 , but no annual subscription fee.

This differs a bit from the basic E6 Connect business model, i assume Foresight negotiated the “No annual subscription “ fee due to owners being required to still purchase FSX 2018 .

All in all , i’m still interested. Ill call TruGolf today and verify.

Comment

• mmlincon
                    mmlincon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let me sweeten the deal for ya! You are forgetting the 5 "free" courses with FSX so you actually get 30 courses for $5500! Smokin deal!!!!

Yep , seems to be the case . i would say the softwares each have their strengths:
                  1) FSX 2018 .... hands down the best practice / range / teaching platform .

2) E6 , better SIM play

Ive had TGC, E6 , and FSX 2018 so speaking from my personal preference.

Agreed , not the market low cost solution, but there are other options if that’s ones goal.

Comment

As a consumer, Tru golf seems to be at the heart of a lot of the software but I'm very glad thad TGC exists as I think it's keeping everyone in line. Their relationships with hardware manufacturers are key.

If I was a commercial operator, I want stability of the organization and consistency of product.

There seems to be uncertainty of direction from all the major companies imo. Uneekor had an opportunity to disrupt but now I'm thinking they've just joined the Frey. 2020 will be interesting. Headed to the show to ask some questions!!
                    --

Comment

Ask them is E6 will support dual gc2s for left and right handed play if you get a chance

Comment

Wanted to weigh in here based on some people who have been to the show and are reporting on the SkyTrak User group. There is some hope on the horizon regarding the update (3.4 and 4.0) They are not promising a release date for 3.4 or 4.0, however they did state it is "coming soon" which I know is not generally a good indicator, however the person they were talking to was semi-off the record. Both 3.4 and 4.0 will not be released at the same time (I know... Bummer) but the expectation is that we should see an update in a month or 2...

My take... I'm still not happy, and until the release of the new update, I'm not going to give them my money towards the play and improve package. (My subscription is up in 3 weeks) In 3 months, if things don't start happening on the software front... I'll be seriously considering the Mevo+ and selling my SkyTrak. I would suggest that other ST users do the following and boycott the subscription purchases if they can.The company is not addressing user's concerns directly and its really shitty that we need to parse through the words of vendors and forum members to even get a sense of what timetable the company is on.

Comment

• mikemcd22
                          mikemcd22 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So, we may have poked Skytrak in the ribs... I stopped by today to ask a few followup questions and talked to the first rep I saw, less than a minute went by and the gentleman that I spoke with yesterday approached. I continued to ask a few questions about future upgrades and software versions when he suddenly referred to me as "you guys online" . When I asked him what the next version number was going to be, he seemed uncertain. I asked specifically if 4.0 was on the horizon and he said "eventually but I'm a marketing guy". I asked what the changes would be... not much to reveal here that Gungho golf hasn't already covered: Ball speed fix, multi player and better bag mapping. He indicated that the delay was probably here to stay. I asked specifically if new hardware was on the horizon and he again told me that was "above his paygrade". We chatted briefly about Mevo+ and he seemed aware of their market presence but also mentioned "We'll have to see where they go". I got the sense there was more to the story but that's all I got. If Skytrak is watching this... I'M NOT SLAMMING YOU, I"m just reporting back what I saw at the show. I'm still a user of your product and you will find plenty of places on this forum where I praise your product.

• SkeetShooter
                          SkeetShooter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Question... The guy that came over and the guy you talked to... Was the one who came over Alex?

• mikemcd22
                          mikemcd22 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          SkeetShooter not sure what his name was... on the Shorter side... Stocky build. Maybe Mid 30s?
                      Working...
                      X