Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Shadow Creek !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - ZOZO Championship at Sherwood with 2 rounds at Tobacco Dunes Golf Club ProTee: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ip-at-sherwood
See more
See less

Best simulator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best simulator

    Ive really been struggling trying to decide which simulator to go with so Im sure this has been put out there before but I am looking for some fresh and current perspective. If you had a 70k budget what simulator would you go with and why? It has to be something that is overhead so we can do both left and right seamlessly. I want something that provides great data and is accurate. Im really looking for something that has video playback of both club impact and swing. Also ideally there would be a balance plate option as well. The second biggest piece of criteria is probably a multi sport option so we can make this a whole family room.

    Let me know what everyone thinks.

  • #2
    Also to be clear the systems I have been looking at most are:

    Uneekor
    GC Hawk
    Full Swing
    HD Golf
    About Golf

    Initially I was really leaning towards about golf but Ive not been hearing good things lately. I also really liked the uneekor Eye XO when I hit it but they dont have the multi sport and Im not sure Im 100% comfortable with them. The past week or so Ive really liked what Ive seen on the HD system when I look at it but I dont see a lot of people using or posting about it and even most of the articles I read about simulators that are recent dont mention HD golf. Ive never been able to hit on the Full Swing but I know they are a huge name and Ive also never hit on the Hawk.

    Comment


    • #3
      Have you searched for local distributors? I would think they would find you somewhere that you could test out their systems before making a large investment like that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Last year I tested HD, About Golf and Uneekor. Its really tough to compare though when you can't do them all together.

        I liked uneekor the best for data and play when I tested them but there is no multisport unless I add a 10k piece of hardware from foresight.

        For all around including games I likedAbout Golf the best when I tested them but they are going through a ton if changes and it gives me pause.

        I was less impressed with HD but it could have been a lot of different things. The calibration at the center could have been off or it could have been me that day it just seemed like the yardages and miss hits were not realistic. However their reputation seems to be there and the videos and play I see online looks impressive.

        I cant find anywhere that has a full swing or a hawk for me to test.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi, you can see various video's of mine which showcase the Optishot (pro's and con's) here:
          https://www.youtube.com/terriblegolf

          It may help you decide if the Optishot is for you. Let me know what you decide.

          Comment


          • Will
            Will commented
            Editing a comment
            Why does this post continue to bother me?

            Optishot for a 70k golf simulator room.

            At first, I thought it was humor.
            Second, I thought it was sad.
            Third, I was mad at myself to have clicked on his link and watched the equivalent of Andy Kaufmann trolling golf videos.
            Then, it just summarized much of the internet. "Self promotion disguised as help"

            ... and I clicked.

        • #6
          If you want impact video and swing video then EYEXO is really the only option. The XO system is very good on all aspects and fits the bill for you. If you want just swing replay and the best ball and club data then the GC quad is the ticket. I imagine the GCHawk performs as well as Quad and its mounted overhead. I use both the Quad and EYEXO so feel free to message me.

          Comment


          • #7
            Not sure if you saw, but TXG just posted a video at their new location, which is using Hawk. Nice clean look.

            https://youtu.be/Wqeuoivsz18

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Dax View Post
              Not sure if you saw, but TXG just posted a video at their new location, which is using Hawk. Nice clean look.

              https://youtu.be/Wqeuoivsz18
              Thank you I didnt see that. I think Im stuck now between Hawk and Uneekor and it may likely just come down to price which means Uneekor and no multi-sport.

              Comment


              • Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah, bummer on no multi-sport... I've been wanting to consider that for my kids, but it's certainly a pretty big add-on from Foresight, have you tested it at all, or seen it played IRL? I've been curious about it for a long time, but will likely never have the budget to get there.

            • #9
              We are on our 2nd simulator, we love the Uneekor QED. Seamless R&L play, accurate, responsive and we enjoy the software plus TGC2019. I would imagine the Eye XO is even better. Support from Uneekor and its dealer network has been outstanding.

              Comment


              • #10
                Ive seen the about golf multi sport in person and it was pretty cool but Ive not seen the Foresight one.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Just saw this video that TM may be adding a multi sport option. Not something I am interested in, but could open TM up as an option for you with your budget.

                  https://youtu.be/o2hZzGMwel8

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    I think you have to throw TruGolf in there. With your budget, there are some really nice units and they have multi-sport. I tried all of these units at the PGA show last year. I was not impressed with any of the multi-sport play TBH. With Trugolf you get E6 but I'm not sure they will continue their relationship with TGC as they are trying to make their own version go (E6 Connect).

                    Here's a link to their top of the line model that matches your budget (It's just my opinion but you could spend less than half and still have a GREAT simulator). https://trugolf.com/simulators/built-in-compare/

                    If you want the best of both worlds, with your budget, I might get a mid level Tru Golf set up and add a Uneekor Eye XO (if that's even possible??).

                    --
                    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by mikemcd22 View Post
                      I think you have to throw TruGolf in there. With your budget, there are some really nice units and they have multi-sport. I tried all of these units at the PGA show last year. I was not impressed with any of the multi-sport play TBH. With Trugolf you get E6 but I'm not sure they will continue their relationship with TGC as they are trying to make their own version go (E6 Connect).

                      Here's a link to their top of the line model that matches your budget (It's just my opinion but you could spend less than half and still have a GREAT simulator). https://trugolf.com/simulators/built-in-compare/

                      If you want the best of both worlds, with your budget, I might get a mid level Tru Golf set up and add a Uneekor Eye XO (if that's even possible??).

                      Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure Im am going to wind up with the Uneekor Eye XO. I think I am going to be just under 40k with that which would include adding the TruGolf multi sport. Im not 100% set on the multi sport yet but the full sim setup with the Eye XO is 32k right now and Ive been quoted 7,500 on the multi sport. The Eye XO price includes everything from the enclosure to the computer, E6 connect, the Pebble Beach course pack, and install so I dont think its a bad price.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by Saylor1322 View Post


                        Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure Im am going to wind up with the Uneekor Eye XO. I think I am going to be just under 40k with that which would include adding the TruGolf multi sport. Im not 100% set on the multi sport yet but the full sim setup with the Eye XO is 32k right now and Ive been quoted 7,500 on the multi sport. The Eye XO price includes everything from the enclosure to the computer, E6 connect, the Pebble Beach course pack, and install so I dont think its a bad price.
                        I'm in the same boat trying to choose a simulator for a new house build. We tried full swing but the distances were off if and we just didnt fall in love with it. But we also didnt have the chance to play the multi sport. I'm trying to decide between Foresight, Full Swing, but am now tempted to look more into Uneekor.

                        For the Uneekor Eye XO, do you have a local dealer doing the total build or are you buying parts separately?

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by HFrederick8 View Post

                          I'm in the same boat trying to choose a simulator for a new house build. We tried full swing but the distances were off if and we just didnt fall in love with it. But we also didnt have the chance to play the multi sport. I'm trying to decide between Foresight, Full Swing, but am now tempted to look more into Uneekor.

                          For the Uneekor Eye XO, do you have a local dealer doing the total build or are you buying parts separately?


                          Im not going to try to do it myself so Ive been going through a dealer. I found one in Indianapolis which is where I originally went to demo it and have had him price it. Then recently I did find that there is a dealer here in Toledo that seems to have more detailed quote / drawings and is actually quite a bit cheaper so Im working with them on it now as well.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X