Best simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best simulator

Ive really been struggling trying to decide which simulator to go with so Im sure this has been put out there before but I am looking for some fresh and current perspective. If you had a 70k budget what simulator would you go with and why? It has to be something that is overhead so we can do both left and right seamlessly. I want something that provides great data and is accurate. Im really looking for something that has video playback of both club impact and swing. Also ideally there would be a balance plate option as well. The second biggest piece of criteria is probably a multi sport option so we can make this a whole family room.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Originally posted by Saylor1322 View Post
    Also to be clear the systems I have been looking at most are:

Uneekor
    GC Hawk
    Full Swing
    HD Golf
    About Golf

Initially I was really leaning towards about golf but Ive not been hearing good things lately. I also really liked the uneekor Eye XO when I hit it but they dont have the multi sport and Im not sure Im 100% comfortable with them. The past week or so Ive really liked what Ive seen on the HD system when I look at it but I dont see a lot of people using or posting about it and even most of the articles I read about simulators that are recent dont mention HD golf. Ive never been able to hit on the Full Swing but I know they are a huge name and Ive also never hit on the Hawk.
    I’d pick Uneekor out of this list. Flexible software options, Club data, accurate and easy to set up. HD, About, Full Swing are over priced and they need to build the room. Hawk is good but similar to Uneekor plus you can only play FSX. I haven’t tried to connect TGC so it’s possible but hasn’t been tried.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

It's amazing these companies like About golf and Foresight won't get over themselves and make a, not cost prohibitive, overhead camera system. Or any entry level system. Within one year the Uneekor is gaining market share and coming to be the People's Choice. But hey,

I just thought of this now. Foresight should price the hawk competitively and limit some of the software and Analysis options and like Tesla allow you to pay more to open up more of the capabilities. Bottom line is you need to move hardware and get an install user base no matter what and that should be the priority. Grow your ecosystem idiots. Broaden customer golf software options too geez. I don't know if I took one business class either. Lol. The common man market has to be huge in the next 5 years and they're going to miss out. I could see Uneekor dominating by taking over the average consumer who just wants to get in on it and then later on coming out with their super high-end professional unit.

Comment

And here we have somebody willing to spend $70,000 and the recommendations here are STILL for the Uneekor from the Forum. The Bell Tolls for these delicate genius super overpriced companies. A Henry Ford Model T situation is going to take over and Uneekor might be that company.

Comment

I just think that for the market that FS is going after they need to really upgrade their game in the software department. You are correct Uneekor has done a great job in pushing the market, but Foresight has a pretty good name behind it at the moment with an already large established user base that have paid for a premium piece of hardware. For the Hawk and the higher end install though they have to have the software to back it up. Uneekor sounds great and really opened up the market, but I don’t think this will get FS to change the direction that they are going.

Comment

Foresight needs to have a launch monitor in the $995 range and other software options with it, not fsx. Affordable. You market it as a Christmas gift or whatever. Get some hype and common household name branding. Just like you do when you're a company that makes smartphones you need to cover the market at different price points. I don't know why I'm suddenly am letting out this rant lol. I'm just sick of watching them screw this up. This is a Grassroots way to build golf that is obviously dying on the vine too.

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone. I am pretty sure Im going to pull the trigger on the Uneekor.

Comment

I am close to pulling the trigger on a multisport installed setup using the EyeXO and Truegolf Multi sport package. The other contender for my $$$ is HD. Its interesting to me that HD gets minimal credibility on this forum. Is the dismissal of HD largely due to price? From what I can tell, on an apples to apples comparison to EyeXO and Truegolf Multi sport, HD is about 20K more, fully installed. That price includes 100% of HD's multisport packages, however, HD's Video Swing Analysis and Boditrack (weight analysis) is another 8k or so.
              Last edited by FairwayFred; 10-28-2020, 02:54 PM. Reason: Edit - initially understated price gap

Comment

I think there's just not that many HD Golf users on the forum, or if there are, they don't post much. About one post a month in the HD Golf forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FairwayFred View Post
                  I am close to pulling the trigger on a multisport installed setup using the EyeXO and Truegolf Multi sport package. The other contender for my $$$ is HD. Its interesting to me that HD gets minimal credibility on this forum. Is the dismissal of HD largely due to price? From what I can tell, on an apples to apples comparison to EyeXO and Truegolf Multi sport, HD is about 20K more, fully installed. That price includes 100% of HD's multisport packages, however, HD's Video Swing Analysis and Boditrack (weight analysis) is another 8k or so.
                  HD is hugely expensive and mostly used in commercial sims. I considered it when I got mine but I wasn't blown away. It was a lot of money. For me, I prefer digitally made courses in a Sim. It played ok in testing but I heard the word "custom" a lot which to me means money and no flexibility. The sims guys have here can use almost all software packages and can be installed themselves.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

I think there's no question that HD has a quality product. I'm not sure the OP's price comparison is accurate. If I remember correctly, HD is proprietary and doesn't play well with other sim programs but perhaps they're worth another look. When I first started looking at sims, they were the most expensive units and were designed more for PGA pros and fitters than they were your average golfer looking to play a few rounds online.
                    --
                    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Comment

I honk HD is just a bit more pricey. It is a good quality sim though and the graphics do look nice. The one downside that I recall on the older units was you needed to use a marked ball for spin. Not sure if this is still true or not, but is something else to consider. I also prefer the images that are digital.

Comment

I've noticed you didn't mention Golfzon. I don't know whether they are any good though

Comment

• Adrenaline
                          Adrenaline commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have heard they are good as well, but have not seen them mentioned here for some reason. I assume they are more expensive than the popular Uneeker Eye XO, but curious how it compares.

• FunNGolf
                          FunNGolf commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, much more expensive. We didn't consider them ourselves because they are too expensive for our budget. It looks quite advanced with a self-teeing solution, different surfaces, gradient, ... but well, above our budget

For 70k it might be worth having a look into them though

@leomode did a very good write up of Golfzon and other Korean monitors. You can find it all on his blog.

Comment

Working...
                        X