Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @graham camm (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - The American Express playing 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer)thursday - 6487y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

Foam Around Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Around Screen

I’m looking at buying a DIY from Carl’s. Website doesn’t show it, but Carl’s tells me they’ll sell foam (probably memory) at $7.50/ft to place on the conduit frame around the screen to prevent ricochets. Anybody else gotten that foam? Thoughts?

Originally posted by FierceVibe View Post
    I’m looking at buying a DIY from Carl’s. Website doesn’t show it, but Carl’s tells me they’ll sell foam (probably memory) at $7.50/ft to place on the conduit frame around the screen to prevent ricochets. Anybody else gotten that foam? Thoughts?
    If it what I think you’re talking about, then get the 1 inch pipe insulation like at Home Depot. Much cheaper, I think you can get like 6 feet sections for a few dollars

Comment

• Adrenaline
      Adrenaline commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that dense and thick enough to stop a ball from coming back at you?

• raido31
      raido31 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think it’s dense enough. I was considering doing double layer since it’s cheap. Also found 3 in foam at Home Depot which I might just cut into strips
      https://www.homedepot.com/p/FUTURE-F...ULK3/203837114

Could also buy memory foam mattress topper to cut as well
      Last edited by raido31; 01-14-2021, 08:18 PM.

I have them. They sit behind the flaps on Carl’s screen. See pics attached. The cushioning is great on errant shots and they sit flush with the flaps giving it a very clean look. Yes, they are pricey but also convenient that they are the perfect size for the screen.

Comment

• FierceVibe
      FierceVibe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Carl's didn't have pics to send, great to have yours. Glad to know you're pleased with it. I'll add to my order.

• raido31
      raido31 commented
      Editing a comment
      How thick is the foam layer?

• rkattech
      rkattech commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a triangular foam piece. I am just going off memory, but I think front to back is about 8-9 inches and similar in height. The key is that you stuff it behind the flap and you can feel it being thick and snug on the corners. It is memory foam.

I built my foam pads around the frame. 2” high density foam on 1/2” osb covered in marine vinyl. Only difficult part was devising a method to attach the vertical pads to the 1” emt frame, used a french cleat design for that.
    Custom building the pads allowed a cleaner fit to the room walls, ceiling and floor.

Comment

I am in agreement of paying for quality. Marine carpet to me is not something I can see a big quality difference. Marine carpet by nature has certain characteristics.

Comment

Working...
      X