Starting build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting build

So I have everything ready to start build today, except simulator and putting surface. I will be purchasing a SkyTrak. My room is all wired and ready for the build. My question today is, my basement is being finished, so I have a laminate floor down where my simulator is going to be. My ceiling are currently at 9-8. Should I just place my turf over the laminate or should I build a sub floor and lay the turf. The sub floor would allow me to cut holes, but I will lose 2 1/4 inches in height. What way should I go? How thick is the turf you buy? Do you need a padding underneath. I will post pics as I go

I built a subfloor and the breakdown on total height was 2 3/8 in. I used 2x4 on their sides with 3/8 in plywood. The turf was 1/2 in thick, so everything total 2 3/8. I love having putting holes and i use the putting green some days more than the simulator. It's great to just go out and hit putts for 15 minutes while waiting on the wife, etc.

So, if you can afford it in costs and in lost ceiling height, I would definitely go with subfloor.

Comment

• Scottnorm
      Scottnorm commented
      Editing a comment
      did you put anything between the turf and the subfloor? Thanks!

• gene438
      gene438 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Scott for the long delay....(I don't always login when I check in)....anyway, the answer is no. The turf I purchased has about a 1/4" foam backing so I felt that was enough. I did stuff insulation material under the plywood and in between all the studs to help with noise. Between the 1/4" foam backing, the insulation, and the crazy amount of studs I used, the floor is rock solid with no "give" or creaking, etc. Very solid which was what I was going for.
Working...
X