sim build going well, some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sim build going well, some questions

I have been doing alot of work on my sim, I have my screen about 8 inches from the wall. I have hit into the screen, most fall down to the ground pretty good, I am worried about the back wall. I would like to put some foam mattress pad in the back. How did everyone attach this or if they used moving blankets, where did you get them from.
    I have ordered my skytrak, computer system is in, projector is in. I just need to either get the TGC or JNPG? Any suggestions?

This will kill bounce and quiet the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfer1204 View Post
      I have been doing alot of work on my sim, I have my screen about 8 inches from the wall. I have hit into the screen, most fall down to the ground pretty good, I am worried about the back wall. I would like to put some foam mattress pad in the back. How did everyone attach this or if they used moving blankets, where did you get them from.
      I have ordered my skytrak, computer system is in, projector is in. I just need to either get the TGC or JNPG? Any suggestions?
      Looks nice. What hitting mat are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by gene438 View Post
        https://www.amazon.com/Stalwart-75-M...oving+blankets

This will kill bounce and quiet the hit.
        gene438, I'm about to build my sim.... can you please explain in more detail how exactly you utilized the moving blanket you linked in your post? Do you happen to have any pics of how you have attached it to the screen or wall? My wife can hear mice breathing in California ( note, I live in New Jersey) so any sound deadening I can do for my basement set up will help with the natives becoming restless. Thanks in advance for your input!
        Last edited by shellman19; 12-18-2017, 12:05 AM. Reason: newbie, added @ sign in front of member name to draw attention to my question.

Comment

• gene438
          gene438 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is a video i did showing my setup....if you look around the 2:00 mark I show how the screen and blankets are attached.

• shellman19
          shellman19 commented
          Editing a comment
          gene438 Thank you for sharing... great set up!

There a few videos on YouTube comparing TGC and JNPG and also a bunch with guys playing each. It say give them a watch and choose which you think is best for you.

Comment

Working...
        X