Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jeremy (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Merion East Ardmore, PA (ProTee - Middle) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

New UK Build - Winter 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...was worth a try.

Mekongmike

Comment

You can sort of see the Roof Trusses in this picture - they are right under the roof with a brace piece directed underneath.

The wood stack up is the floor that is due to go down this weekend, just waiting for all the sawdust on the floor to soak up the few weeks worth of rain that made its in before the building was up.

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post
        Seems to be a few of us in the UK now with projects in mind.
        Probably the reason used GC2's are so hard to come by in the UK :-)

I have contacted foresight about certified used and they are currently wanting £5200 plus VAT for the unit they have available

Comment

Originally posted by ste1010 View Post

Probably the reason used GC2's are so hard to come by in the UK :-)

I have contacted foresight about certified used and they are currently wanting £5200 plus VAT for the unit they have available
          Do you have any friends / family in the US? I had my friend hand carry a brand new GC2 back for me a couple of years ago - and it was less than £4k. Was nearly £7k new here at the time!
          He took me home an HMT at the end of last year for under £4k too - although that was pre-owned and with the current rancid exchange rate!!

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post

Do you have any friends / family in the US? I had my friend hand carry a brand new GC2 back for me a couple of years ago - and it was less than £4k. Was nearly £7k new here at the time!
            He took me home an HMT at the end of last year for under £4k too - although that was pre-owned and with the current rancid exchange rate!!
            I dont have any friends in the US as such, but work for a US company and speak to US colleague pretty frequently, problem would be getting it home as our current cost controls restrict travel to an absolute minimum although I am on holiday in California in July but would prefer something before then. Hope you dont mind me asking but did you buy it direct from Foresight in the US. I would imagine it would require purchasing with a US credit card. If I dont get sorted before July I would consider buying in the US although logistics could be a problem due to the fact we are moving around so much whilst there.

Comment

• p3eps
              p3eps commented
              Editing a comment
              My GC2 was bought from par2pro, which involves my friend having to buy it with a US card due to their selling regulations. It had to be shipped to his US address too.
              I bought FSX and my HMT direct from Foresight using my UK credit card. No issues at all. I use a Halifax Clarity card - which doesn’t charge a fee for currency conversion.
              Both of my items were hand carried to save them getting bounced about in the hold. He simply put them in a laptop bag!

• ste1010
              ste1010 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will certainly look into buying in the US. Even foresight certified used work out a lot cheaper in the US

Hi All in the UK who are looking at indoor projects.
            Just though I would share our most recent indoor residential set up in a garden build.
            We provide design, build and installations so get in touch if you need any help or advice.
            www.proteeuk.co.uk
            jamie@proteeuk.co.uk
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180204_192428834.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	144447

Comment

Yes, you cannot do much with that Martin. I see that they are a little "scissored" so that helps a little bit.

Your weather is similar to ours in Oregon. We have a rare dry spell going on right now though. Love it!

Mekongmike

Comment

Made some good progress this weekend.

The wooden floor has been laid with Jablite Polystrene insulation (25mm thick) stuffed in between the bearers.

https://www.jablite.co.uk/application/jabfloor/

Forgot to take any photos of that being done. Cost was £52 for 10 8ft x 4ft sheets and used 9 full sheets with a load of off-cuts.

Got the hitting wall and the 1st third of each side wall covered in a breathable membrane from Superfoil

https://www.superfoil.co.uk/reflective-membrane/

Have installed a 12mm batten to staple the membrane to, this leaves a little air gap.

Cost was £150 for 75m x 1.5m tall roll. Used almost a full roll so far.

Next up on the back wall halfway up and the 2 sidewalls was 50mm thick rockwool insulation

http://www.rockwool.co.uk/products/rockwool-flexi/

This was around £15 a bag, and i've used 1.5 bags so far - each sheet is 1200mm x 600mm x 50mm - so fits perfectly between most uprights.

Final bit of progress was to board that rockwool in - using 9mm thick shuttering ply, as its fairly thick but not too costly - £17 per sheet for 8ft x 4ft. Used 4 sheets so far.

Think the photos are at all angles because of using an iPhone.

Hopefully going to get the rest of the battening and the breather membrane up this week

Comment

This is going to be a pretty awesome project, well done so far. I converted half of my garage last year and have a flightscope xi unit. My build was totally budget but the end product has transformed my winter practice. It really helps pass the winter and gets your game ready for spring (which currently feels a long way off here in the UK as you will know!)

cheers

Pedro

Comment

Cheers pedro

ive not made much progress recently with the great wet uk weather (and the snow) plus I had some work stuff in the way

its now all fully boarded out and airtight, but that's causing some issues with a bit of mould on the internal panels. I've still not got electric down there permanent so need to get that sorted to get a dehumidifier going to dry it all out, it was put up in the rain and got quite damp, so not really dried out properly, in hindsight I should have left it a few months before insulating to make sure it was dry.

recent progress has been the outside is now all painted up and the frame for the net is up - used 33mm galvanised tube

ive also made some brackets for 3 of the roof trusses so that I could take the cross beam out to gain some more clearance for the swing. Each truss has a 1/2 plate on each side that is bolted through wth 6 bolts, to stop the roof sagging.

cost of the tube and fittings was about £120 from themetalstore.co.uk

next jobs are to prime/seal the concrete blocks blocks when they are dry to stop damp grass in through those and also going to fit a couple of whirly vents into the roof (like you see on van roofs) to help with a bit of air movement for ventilation, which should help the damp air/mould
                    Last edited by MartinGoodliffe; 04-01-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Finally made a bit of progress in the last few weeks as the weather has improved.

Blockwork has has been sealed inside and outside to stop any damp coming through the blocks.

The wooden den frame has finally dried out now the weather is warmer and the ventilation is in. High level passive vents on either end and also 2 Whirly vents modified on the roof.

All of the the insulation is in and boarding out done. Electrics are in after digging a 45metre trench to lay the cable.

Walls are almost painted, just a bit more to do tonight then sweep out the floor or dust and stuff and the artificial turf will be put down over the weekend.

ordered a true strike mat that is propped up in one of the pictures.

Hoping to have net etc up next week.

Comment

Bit more progress today

got some artificial turf cheap from a place closing down 5.2m x 4m for £75 so got that down as the floooring, just got to cut around the frame. I wanted to put it under but there's not enough room to lift it and building the frame is tricky and tight on height

got the truestrike all put together and down and a clock in there so I don't get in trouble with the Mrs being in there for too long! Had it etched paying homage to the name of the house when we bought it

next job is to get some eyelets in the memory foam then get that hung, and the projection net.

Projector and pc are sorted, just need to find a projector mount and some black sheeting to cover the enclosure.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Thanks mate. I'm pleased with it so far, been a long slog since November. Looking forward to hitting the 1st shot

Comment

Hi Martin,

Great looking build!
                              I'm looking to do something quite similar starting in a few weeks.
                              Can you tell me where you sourced your astroturf please?

Thanks

MrDo

Comment

Working...
                              X