Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (NET) and @Shawn Rennie (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

Basement Build in Berlin (Germany) with GC2+HMT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement Build in Berlin (Germany) with GC2+HMT

Hey Golfsimforum. After 3 years of waiting my build is finally ready and in use and I am super happy to share a few pics. This forum - and Cory from Par2Pro - have been essential in me being able to make this happen. Thank you all!

I started with a basement room in our new house - size 16ft by 16ft and approx. 10ft high.

I decided to go with a 14,5ft wide 16:10 screen (by Par2Pro) and a 16:10 projector (Canon XEED WUX500ST).

Launch Monitor is a Foresight GC2 + HMT, currently I run FSX2018 on a recent Dell Alienware. I plan to also get TGC2019 - one its available.

I put hardwood floor across the whole room and cut out a 5x5ft hole to put the CCE mat in. I put putting turf on the rest of the floor. I have everything offset 1 ft to the right (to give more space in the back for a right handed golfer - no lefties around (but would work)).

Ceiling and sides are covered by custom drapes (from Par2Pro).

Super happy, everything works just fine. Another 3 ft. ball flight would not hurt, but I think everything is working just fine. My pro also brought his Trackman to my place - works perfectly fine with the 7ft ball flight I have. (Just FYI).

Best from Berlin; happy new year!

Max

Nice build :-)

Comment

Looks great, going to upgrade to a short throw wuxga projector with horizontal lens to move it away from the swing plane.

Comment

Looks great! And I just googled that projector. I didn't realize anyone made a short throw 1920x1200 with 5000 lumens. That sounds perfect for a simulator. It's out of my price range now, but maybe that means in a few years they will be coming down in price and and made by other manufacturers.

Comment

• Maxomoto
          Maxomoto commented
          Editing a comment
          I really was not planning to spend that much, but it was the only projector that was 16:10 WUXG, bright enough, short throw and offered a decent optical lens shift. It is too expensive, but it was the only one that ticked all the boxes for my room.

Great looking room!

Comment

Looks great, now you’ll just need to pace yourself so you don’t get tennis elbow playing too much

Comment

• Maxomoto
            Maxomoto commented
            Editing a comment
            Over christmas I played 36 holes each day + some random practice (100 shots+) - no elbow or shoulder issues. Really like the CCE mats. Have been at a store recently with cheap mats for a demo, did 60-70 shots - next day my shoulders hurt.

Looks fantastic! How far is the distance ball to screen and what is your experience with bounce back?

Comment

Very nice build! Looks professional, screen image fills the whole impact screen. Well done!

Comment

Beautiful job! Looks great and correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you are hitting from only 7' away...great job with the room and projector choice!

Comment

Yeah 7 " could be right. It is definitely ok and not a problem. Works even with a Trackman (which really surprised me). On Driver shots I would like to have 1-2 feet more, but hey it's a home setup.

Comment

Working...
                X