8.5ft wide room, has anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.5ft wide room, has anyone done it?

So after posting just a couple of days ago about having an 11ft wide room to use (which was already small) I’ve basically run into a problem which means I’ll have a tiny room 8.5ft wide

has anyone built a sim in a room this narrow or is it even possible? It’s the only area I have available so really hoping there is a success story out there?

You might not like this but...

I’m building a dedicated “shed” for a sim in my yard, but while I’m working on this I’ve got an optishot running in my garage. My garage is only 10.5’ wide and 8’ ceiling. I hit every shot with a wedge, and I have no room to hit any other club. And I mean NO room. Honestly I’m just happy to be able to hit balls, even if they’re foam practice. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. The optishot at least doesn’t add extra width. Instead of a sim in that small of a space, maybe look to build a “ hitting bay”. You might be able to get an awesome set up for less than you planned in a smaller space than you thought possible. Best of luck to you, I hope you figure a great solution

Comment

Just to add to above for clarification, I can’t wait to get my “shed” with a sim, BUT, I can’t tell you how much I love just having a space to hit balls, practice or otherwise, to just practice and relax. In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king... my point obviously is that a space to hit balls is better than not, so the rest lies up to you. Others for certain will have better advice I’m sure. Again, I wish you the best, please keep us updated

Comment

The minimum from ball to wall behind is 7 feet for a driver so 8.5 is possible but it would feel like being in an MRI machine.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
          triplebogeysrbetter commented
          Editing a comment
          Until your in the zone and whack the hell out of the ball. Then the club head hits the wall behind. Just saying ! I might have done that once or twice.

I’ve got 8.5ft.. I’m 5ft 9 and a fairly flat swing, I’ve got a gc2 and hit all clubs up to hybrid with no issue, for 3w and driver I have to move the gc2 into left handed mode and hit over it, works fine for me. It is cramped and for driver I’ve hit the side wall behind me a couple of times..

Comment

My space is 9 feet 3 inches wide at the hitting area, I'm 6 feet tall and can hit driver. In the pic there are 24 inches from the right wall and where the back side of the SkyTrak begins. So take away a foot of that space and find a different spot for the laptop and clubs and maybe? Do I rarely bounce the heel of my driver or three-wood off the back wall during a late night sesh trying to reach the 15th at Augusta in two? Yes.

Comment

Lol, not sure spending my evenings in the equivalent of an MRI machine sounds all that appealing!

Tommyseb - you wouldn’t happen to have an image of your setup would you? I’m using a skytrak so might be able to get a few inches closer to the wall vs the GC2?

Also do you angle & hit towards the centre of the screen or do you just hit into the right side of the screen?

ulrimately is love to be able to hit driver but I can hit my 2hybrid a good way so it wouldn’t be a total disaster if I can’t as I’d still be able to play TGC without being too heavily disadvantaged (so long as the par 4’s aren’t all 500yds!)

Comment

Working...
            X