Sims room back to a sims room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims room back to a sims room

ChadGolf You said you wanted to see pictures, here you go I just have to do some fine tuning on the projector and then put up the netting. I did have to hit a few balls just to break the screen in a bit, sure is nice to have it back up and running.

Looks great!

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Looks awesome. I like that white ceiling lights there too. What is that called? I should install some of those to brighten up the hitting area a bit more.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      They are Patriot Lighting track light "Step", I got them at Menards they come with three lights I added a forth to each. I have the ones each side of the hitting area on a dimmer I use LED daylight 60 watt dimmable bulbs in them. I have a LED daylight 100 watt dimmable in a canister right above and slightly behind the ball, and I have two more sets of the Step lights in the cove above the putting area with LED daylight 75 watt bulbs on a straight switch.

• LEO MODE
      LEO MODE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. You have a lot of golf bags lol.

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      LEO MODE, We have my set, the wife's set, the middle daughter's set, the son-in-law's set, the two youngest grandson's sets, and then two older set we got when we first started. Plus somewhere in the mess in my shop is a set or two maybe three of older clubs with no bags. And it all started when my oldest daughter had me buy a game at Game Stop for $1.50 for the Wii U because my doctor wanted me to loose some wait and the treadmill was killing me with pain due to my disabilities. She asked what I thought about it, and dummy me looked at the price and said, "Sure what is the most it could cost me?". Now I know not to taunt Murphy, and believe me I did not mean to do so, but I surly did and am paying the price for it, the game was Tiger Wood's PGA Tour, my introduction to golf in 2014, several sets of clubs, 4 simulators, one simulator room, and two golf carts ago! And for the record since then I have lost 20 pounds.

I see the tarp clips attach to the screen, but what material did you use to affix the screen to the wall? Kind of looks like bungee rope. Place looks awesome!

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Bungee on the sides, clips on a hook across top and a sandbag (2" nylon tube filled with sand) across the bottom.

Chobson here are some pictures where you can see a bit better, thought I had a closeup of the bungees but seems I missed getting that one.

Comment

• Chobson
      Chobson commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response...once again it looks great!

Where did you pick up the nylon tube? And does it run the whole length of the screen

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it off ebay, but you can get a fire hose that will do the same, and yes it runs full length of the screen.

I love this build...you did a great job...

When I see all that wood on walls and ceiling, I instantly visualize me shanking a drive and the ball bouncing around like in a Pinball machine....lol...

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, so far I haven't had that happen.

Looks like you are almost right up against the back wall. No issues ????? I'd really like to move my screen closer to the wall, but I'm afraid to get close.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      12" from the wall, seems to work fine.

Thanks nice job on the sim. I look forward to the day I can hit balls at home. Getting closer

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, They are well worth the effort, I have heating and AC in mine so perfect weather year round.

Originally posted by gene438 View Post
    I love this build...you did a great job...

When I see all that wood on walls and ceiling, I instantly visualize me shanking a drive and the ball bouncing around like in a Pinball machine....lol...
    Yeah, it's a good looking setup, but dangerous AF. I definitely wouldn't want any kids in there. It's not even a matter of shanking a ball, but any number of things like a ball cracking in half, club head flying off, etc.....

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it, and haven't had any problems and use it for years without the netting. And as far as "ball cracking in half, club head flying off, etc....." having the wood walls really doesn't add more danger to it, if something like that happens it's not the bounce back you have to worry about as much as a direct hit. If you think this is a bad setup guess you would never use one setup in a basement with concrete floors and walls.
Working...
X