Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Blue): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

My Garage Simulator Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Garage Simulator Build

Finished with my golf simulator just in time for TGC2019. I have done quite a bit of research on everything and also had to mind the budget so not everything is top notch but it works very well.

Went with the Carls preferred impact screen although I could have opted for something way cheaper since I am using almost golf balls. I know almost golf balls don't get all the correct spin or launch speed but they do pretty well from the tests I have done. I use TGC software and utilize the boost settings to compensate for this loss. It actually works out pretty well. I didn't want to worry about shanks ricocheting or causing damage to something else. (have had a few bad shots from friends and family and glad it wasn't a real ball).

The projector is a ViewSonic PJD5353LS 3200 Lumens short throw projector. Not top of the line but perfect for what I need. I am thinking of covering the netting with a blackout cloth that should really make the screen pop even when playing during the day.

Hitting mat is a Fiberbuilt and has been absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend their products. If you notice in the photo the black brick next to the Skytrak is a yoga block that I fixed so that in the case of a really out of wack swing it will hopefully glance off of the block instead of the metal case. Have not had it tested as of yet and I hopefully will keep it that way. Better safe than sorry!

The last bit I put together was the control panel for different buttons on TGC. I used a Qunqi Leonardo micro controller and programmed it to accept button presses as keystrokes. Just used some arcade buttons, wired it up, and made a custom wood platform for it. It works very well. I also have the tablet mounted to the wall on the left for more control if needed. I did not want to have a keyboard and mouse hanging around.

Thats basically it. If you have any questions let me know and I'd be happy to answer them. Really enjoy this site and seeing other golf simulator setups!

Looks great!

Comment

Very nice. When did you buy that fiberbuilt mat ? Last I checked , they were out of stock on those

Comment

• JSKroll
        JSKroll commented
        Editing a comment
        I purchased that mat back in 2018. Probably around July.

Looks good. Any good guides that you have found to set up the microcontroller board? This would be much nicer than using a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by bs531 View Post
        Looks good. Any good guides that you have found to set up the microcontroller board? This would be much nicer than using a keyboard.
        More info on this setup please. Looks great!

Comment

Looks great. What kind of pipe did you use for the frame and where did you find curved pieces for the top netting?

Comment

I used 1 inch EMT and found the connectors at my local hardware store for the curved parts. They are mostly just 45 degree connectors as I didnt have to bend or curve anything.

I'm working on a guide for the micro controller and will post it here when I get it completed for those interested.

Comment

That Micro Controller is a great addition. Does anyone know if they can be bought? SO much easier than keyboards

Comment

Very nice build!!

Comment

Very nice build!

Comment

JSKroll Love this setup! I just ordered my SkyTrak and am currently planning my net build. Where did you get your nets from?

Comment

• JSKroll
                      JSKroll commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nets were ordered from Amazon.

Nice job. What size impact screen do you have and how is it attached to the frame?

Comment

It is a 8×10' screen and is attached to emt using bungee on the sides and zip ties on the top and bottom

Comment

Any details on how you setup the Qunqi Leonardo micro controller?

Comment

Great Build! I especially love the controller for TGC that you can push with your club. Great idea! I would love to put one of these in so guide would be greatly appreciated. How do you switch from hitting an iron to hitting a driver? Do you have to move the skytrak unit to point to one of the tee positions on the fiberbuilt mat or can you stand a tee up in the same position that you hit an iron shot with? I have a setup now but I'm trying to decide what to use for the hitting area, standing area and in front. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X