Small impact screen vs. large TV monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small impact screen vs. large TV monitor

I have a very odd shape room which is wide enough where I hit the ball but narrows quickly to under 7 ft wide at the net. I've tested the room with my laptop computer and the size works for me for my full swing plus the carry distance for my launch monitor. For my final configuration, I'd appreciate thoughts on the merits of using a large TV monitor to watch the simulation (with the benefits of better quality image and lower cost) vs. using an impact screen with an image area that's 6' wide and 4.5' tall.

I have a temporary setup now doing exactly that. My garage is the only place I have enough room to swing every club, but I still have to use the garage. I have the net set up about 7-8 feet in front of the swing pad. I have the laptop on a stand beside an old 52" (ish) TV. It works great. when the guys come over, we can all see the shot. You can actually see the dots on the putting grid. I'm still deciding if I want to just keep it the way it is or make an enclosure.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm planning on investing in the Uneekor QED and was going to post whether I would be crazy to continue to use my existing swing video/analysis net setup, and just watch the outcome and see the data either on a large TV or monitor directly across from address position, vs. investing in a screen and projector. I would only use the range. Sounds like this is done by at least one other person on earth (EricD). Anyone else?

Comment

A lot of us started with viewing it off to the side and most eventually went to a screen. I don't think a single person would go back unless they were forced to for some reason. Especially with the pricing of the direct from mill screen and amazon deals on projectors. It's well worth the money.
        Originally posted by dack View Post
        I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm planning on investing in the Uneekor QED and was going to post whether I would be crazy to continue to use my existing swing video/analysis net setup, and just watch the outcome and see the data either on a large TV or monitor directly across from address position, vs. investing in a screen and projector. I would only use the range. Sounds like this is done by at least one other person on earth (EricD). Anyone else?

Comment

• dack
          dack commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your input, wbond. I'll get a screen and projector once I pay off the Uneekor

Hi wbond, you wrote "pricing of the direct from mill screen". I have been having a hard time getting a decent deal on a screen. Where can I get a deal? I found a posting at https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ctly-from-mill. However, I wrote 4 days ago to see if that's available and so far, no response. I have decided that if I'm going to build this room to "do it right" and want both a decent computer monitor along with a projector so I'll need the screen.

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the one, but you need to have patience. This is someone who is doing it on the side and it seems he checks in about once every one to two weeks. If you need it now, you'll need to look elsewhere, and the pricing will be much different.
      Working...
      X