Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Marc Andre (NET AND GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Hero World Challenge !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Presidents Cup with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...presidents-cup
See more
See less

Thanks for the help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the help

This forum has been so helpful to me I just wanted to thank everyone who takes the time to past both questions and answers. There so much info, ideas, and projects on here it’s made by build go pretty smoothly, I didn’t have to post any questions I don’t believe.

For my build I cleared out a car and some other equipment from my 25x25 garage I had built a handful of years ago. It’s been a great investment, I can’t be happier

I’m running a GC2 with HMT, fiberbuilt mat that I’m going to add a gel pad section to, optima 4k550 projector, 15x8 screen, and I had SynLawn lay the putting green directly on the slab and bore the holes into it. Added a couple tv’s, the fridge from the kitchen remodel last year, and an electric space heater to keep things warm. The screen is hung by threaded black pipe and fittings screwed into the studs. I built the frame for the ceiling net from conduit, bungeed a mesh tarp from amazon and hung it from the ceiling with cables and eye lags. Finally I built a subfloor under the screen with some angle ripped 2x6’s and plywood that returns the ball back to me on the hitting mat.

thanks everyone for so much info and inspiration
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Taco; 12-02-2019, 01:06 AM.

Great setup.....with that much space, I'm sure you will continue to add to it.

Comment

Looks great! Is that the fiberbuilt hitting strip that has a metal frame base? I have that one, and am having minor tendonitis issues, so looking at options.

Comment

Originally posted by VenturaHacker View Post
        Looks great! Is that the fiberbuilt hitting strip that has a metal frame base? I have that one, and am having minor tendonitis issues, so looking at options.
        Yes, it does have the metal base. I haven’t had any tendinitis or joint pain with it but I’m not in love with it. I originally had Country Club Elite, my experience echoes most others, for sweepers it might be fine but I not a sweeper. With the fiberbuilt I think true compression is difficult to get with the way the ball is tee’d up on the grass so I get a lot of high face strikes and some bottoming out into the base. I’m will be replacing the fiberbuilt hitting strip with a homemade strip with gel pad and synlawn remnant will remedy that. If your hitting high face irons and bouncing off the base I can imagine that shock and vibration causing some inflammation.

Comment

• VenturaHacker
          VenturaHacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting, would love to see/hear more about your DIY when you do it. Is there a reason why you wouldn't go with a tru strike strip instead of DIY?

I’m basically trying to build my own TruStrike section using the same idea as a couple other threads I’ve scene on here using motorcycle seat gel pad. The reason I’m doing DIY is because I already have the fiberbuilt and like it for a stance mat and I think I can build something that fits better visually and usefully with that.

My my plan is to take a piece of 3/4 mdf, a 5/8 piece of gel pad, a 5/8 piece of extra think yoga kneeling pad, and some remnant turf from my putting green install. I’m going to router out a section of the MDF for the kneeling pad, cut out the middle of the kneeling pad and inlay the gel pad, and wrap it all in turf secured with staples into the MDF. From there I think I can shim the whole thing with cardboard strips to get the correct height to match the stance mat.

right now everything is ordered and shipped, just waiting for delivery. Of course, it snowed yesterday and I’m not sure how anxious I am to start digging out the table saw in the main garage and cutting that MDF and routering it.

Comment

Working...
        X