Back Garden Simulator Build UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Garden Simulator Build UK

So this has been a 2 year project, although it wasn't supposed to take that long but we had a few hiccups along the way.

As both my wife & I played golf we decided that our dream would be to build a golf simulator in our back garden to use over the winter months, we had thought about building it in the garage but that was going to be too small and we ending up coverting it into a gym.

I'll attached a few pictures with some commentary and keep adding to this thread over the next couple of days until we get up to where we are currently, any questions please ask away.

Please ignore the Rabbit Hut & the Washing, in the corner is our decking that had been up for 20 years and was starting to rot & being in the UK we were lucky if we could use it half a dozen times a year for BBQ's & sitting out.

There was a lot of trips to the tip & these old railway sleepers we so rotten in parts they disintegrated in your hands when lifting them up.
    Attached Files

This now brings us to the end of October before we start back on the internal work again, this moves along pretty quickly, working evenings and weekends hoping to get it ready for the winter break before our home course goes onto winter tees & greens.

Touch screen TV is up & we start laying the floor using grass colour foam interlocking tiles, they will help to insulate the floor & cushion the ball reducing the noise. At this point I should also mention that we used a full fill (4") 100mm Rock Wool Sound Slab insulation in order to keep the sound levels down as much as possible, this has worked really well, expensive but good.
    Attached Files

Comment

And where we are today.. still needs finishing off but we have our dream built & it's playable... I guess the moral of this story is, you have to deal with life events as they happen but don't let anything get in the way of your dreams and when my granddaughter came round straight from school last night and picked up a club, who knows what the future might bring, her name...……... 'Lexi'

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!!! Where there's a will there's a way. Nice job. 👍

Comment

Congrats on your setup and the dedication it took to get there....I'm sure you guys will enjoy it for years to come.

Comment

Looks awesome! Congrats and hope it may bring joy to those cold winter days

Comment

Looks great.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Hi,
                Would love to build something similar so was wondering how did you get on with the planning department and what size have you ended up with?
                Looks amazing

Comment

• Slither66
                  Slither66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Mike, I attached the approved plans on my first post. Hope you find these to be helpful, feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Hi

great set up by the look of the photos. I can see that you’ve had your issues with the overall height which is something I will need to keep my eye on as I’m looking to carry out my build under permitted development.

out of interest what internal ceiling height did you end up with ?

Comment

This looks amazing well done. Im also wondering what was the overall external and internal height after you had to make adjustments post the councils visit?

Comment

Great build. I am looking to do something similar in our yard in Canberra, Australia ... this might be just the inspiration I need to get the wife over the line on the structure! (I really need to get the simulator out of the garage).

Comment

Working...
                    X