Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Basement Ceiling

All --

I posted on another thread a few months ago and folks had some interest it sounded like -- we got started this week raising the ceiling in our basement to go from 8'10'' of ceiling to 9'8'' of ceiling height. More photos to come over the coming months, but have attached before and after pics from this week's work getting started. Let me know if any questions.

Matt

After opening it up -- replacing 14 inch i-beams with 4 inch LVLs that are attached to 14 inch LVLs running perpendicular on either side. Also had to move piping, HVAC, wiring, etc. and push that back wall back 4 feet.

Comment

You doing this yourself or contracting out? I’ll be subscribing to see your progress.

Comment

Wow!!!! Wish I could do this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
          You doing this yourself or contracting out? I’ll be subscribing to see your progress.
          Definitely contracting this out -- we're doing our whole basement and this is a piece of it. This is well above my pay grade for sure.

Comment

Nice work! I did something similar in my garage and raise a section of the ceiling by a couple feet. Because it was structural, I had to get plans from an engineer, etc. My wife had no idea I was doing this...until she came home one evening open the garage door to a cloud of dust, and saw me up in the attic through a massive hole in the ceiling

Comment

Yes -- we definitely had a structural engineer involved to determine the exact requirements. Don't want the house falling down!

Comment

All -- just wanted to share an update here -- the room is largely finished from a construction standpoint. I've ordered everything from Par2Pro but things are a little bit slow right now given supply chains. Hoping by mid May I'll receive the screen, padding, etc and can get it all setup. Will share more pics then.

Comment

• Tom919
                  Tom919 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What did you end up ordering?

I already had a SkyTrak from a prior setup so going to continue with that. Also have a Country Club Elite mat from that. Upgrading my cameras to the IDS3140's and getting a new screen and padding for the space.

Comment

Just wanted to post an update -- almost done!

Comment

• dudley286
                    dudley286 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your build has turned out great!!!

Just thought I'd share the final product. Pleased with how it turned out -- just have to get some cool stuff to put on the walls now!

Comment

• Treyc321
                    Treyc321 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks amazing!! Any reason not to center the hitting area?

• soupy
                    soupy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like a wall would be to close behind him

• enigmamatt
                    enigmamatt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Yes -- the wall would be an issue. As would the ceiling because of the way it's trayed out.

Awesome job. Enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                  X