Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Flush Mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Mat

My wife thinks I’m crazy and I probably am cut a 7’ by 4’ rectangle in my basement floor so I could have my fiberbuilt flush with the rest of the floor. Will have green carpet tiles all around that continue to impact screen. Every inch counts right?!?
    Attached Files

I did the same thing this spring. I have a Fiberbuilt 1x4 mat and cut it the floor only 2 inches and chipped it out. Then I put in some leveler and place the mat into the cutout. I do have a standing mat but with the carpet and most people wearing tennis shoes no need to use the mat anymore. But I love it and should have done it sooner.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Holtzeeeeee
      Holtzeeeeee commented
      Editing a comment
      Shoot wish I had thought of that ... would have saved quite a bit of money! Well done!

• Holtzeeeeee
      Holtzeeeeee commented
      Editing a comment
      GolfinToad ... pretty sure I saw your video of the gc2 slider. I’m looking to do something similar so I can putt off the fiberbuilt insert. I would have it go parallel with it vs perpendicular like yours but same concept. Can you share details? Looks awesome!

• GolfinToad
      GolfinToad commented
      Editing a comment
      Brian,

I do not have a slider. I have seen a few but do not have one.

Just a quick update - concrete company is coming tomorrow to cut the basement floor (approx. 4' x 9') to allow me to install the Fiberbuilt hitting mat into the floor. The basement is already fully finished so I had to remove the carpet then create a 'clean' room so they do not make a mess when they wet-saw the concrete. What a pain - wish my basement was not finished yet!!!!

Comment

• Holtzeeeeee
      Holtzeeeeee commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you consider only doing the hitting strip like others have said?

• Carl Johnson
      Carl Johnson commented
      Editing a comment
      The cost was going to be the nearly same for nearly any size hole since it is the set-up, etc. which was most of the cost. They did not care if it was 1x4 or 4x9 - price was nearly the same. By cutting out the entire 4x9 area - allows me the flexibility of changing mats, adding a pressure mat later on, etc.

Here is a picture of the entire area removed! Concrete was much thicker than they anticipated, along with fiber mesh! Typical floor is about 3-4" thick - mine is closer to 5" thick! Time to fill in the hole with more stone dust then padding under the FB mat!!

Comment

Here are some more pictures with nearly the finished product! Just need to add some trim around the carpet - where it 'meets' up against the FB mat. And re-glue the 2x carpet seams. It has been a lot of work ... just to gain 2+ inches of swing height!!

Comment

just an FYI - if you live in a high radon area like i do, setup a radon monitor if cutting through your basement floor.

Comment

What4 - I totally agree. I have a sub-floor radon system which pulls the air underneath the entire concrete floor of the basement, then it goes up a pipe into the attic then out the roof via a radon fan/motor. By adding several inches of stone dust at the bottom of the mat 'hole' - that should have sealed the air under/around the area I cut out. In turn preventing the radon motor from pulling air from the mat hole, which is basically the basement air!

Comment

Working...
          X