what to do with garage door rails/track

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sean Webber
    replied
    I'm wondering how happened that the driver hits his head while driving. Probably if you adjust the locking system, the situation might get better. Emergency locksmith Highgate can re-install the locks according to your main necessities. However, if the construction of the garage is done improperly, then you can't do anything about it.
    Last edited by Sean Webber; 12-29-2022, 04:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rlefig
    commented on 's reply
    I still hit the rails if I am not careful. Not sure what to do

  • Rlefig
    replied
    Originally posted by MadMax2021 View Post

    Thanks. That's good to know. I'm happy with my off center set up at present (and moving to a jackshaft motor from an overhead motor to make it work wasn't so inexpensive because the door needed a torsion mount). Out of an excess of caution, I'll probably also get a clone driver with a 44" or 43.5" shaft so I don't risk my gamer if there is an accident. The noodle idea isn't bad either as it would add like 30 seconds to set up.
    I was able to take off 16" of track. I rehung the back supports and garage springs. The springs were a pain because I originally had them hung off the new moved up back supports but this made the cabling too short, after I adjusted it so the door wood not close all the way as the front of the spring hit the front of garage support. So then I moved the spring back and hung it with lag bolt into roof joist about where it originally was, readjusted cables back to original and good to go.

    Still might use a noodle and as suggested above might get a similar used driver to not smash my gamer

    Leave a comment:


  • MadMax2021
    replied
    Originally posted by ontheteebox View Post
    MadMax...I have the same experience with lifting my garage door rails. A company quoted me about $1,200 to raise the tracks. But I posed this question in the forum and some responses indicated that it should be a lot less to raise tracks. I'm trying to find another company to give me a quote for the same job to be able to compare prices.
    Thanks. That's good to know. I'm happy with my off center set up at present (and moving to a jackshaft motor from an overhead motor to make it work wasn't so inexpensive because the door needed a torsion mount). Out of an excess of caution, I'll probably also get a clone driver with a 44" or 43.5" shaft so I don't risk my gamer if there is an accident. The noodle idea isn't bad either as it would add like 30 seconds to set up.

    Leave a comment:


  • bubbtubbs
    commented on 's reply
    Did you find a decent-looking one? Most of them *look* like a roller door on the front of the house.

  • p3eps
    replied
    About 7 years ago when I first set my original sim up, my mate smashed my near new Taylormade SLDR across the rail and took a big chunk out of the decals. I was pretty gutted!
    A few hits later, and I decided to change my door.

    I fitted a roller door - which rolls into a small space for a number of reasons… better sealing, better insulated, more secure, no danger of hitting the car like the ‘up and over’ door, and no rails to hit with golf clubs! Cost a fair bit at the time, but so glad I did it!

    My V3 sim now hits at the door - which is something I could never have done with the old door… as the opener (motor) was in the centre of the room and would have been totally in the way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rlefig
    replied
    After smashing my Mizuno driver off the rail, luckily it only dinged it and did not break it, I am going to shorten the rail by a foot. The garage door never goes in that "extra foot" of rail so why have it. This means I also have to rehang the rail back supports and build a structure to hang it from but so be it. Hopefully that will suffuce

    Leave a comment:


  • ontheteebox
    replied
    MadMax...I have the same experience with lifting my garage door rails. A company quoted me about $1,200 to raise the tracks. But I posed this question in the forum and some responses indicated that it should be a lot less to raise tracks. I'm trying to find another company to give me a quote for the same job to be able to compare prices.

    Leave a comment:


  • MadMax2021
    replied
    Can't you just go off center? That's what I do and have no trouble with the rails. Lifting them up is expensive.

    Leave a comment:


  • StanMI
    replied
    9 foot door.....Titleist driver.....door rail......... Bad combination !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • yorkie
    replied
    I removed my rails & motor & fixed the door in position, I never opend the door as the sim takes most of the room. put the away if ever need to reinstall

    Leave a comment:


  • chicub15
    replied
    I wasn't able to raise my rails either, but was able to cut off a substantial amount railing as kperry did. The rail was not in my swing path, but cutting it shorter allowed me to install a wider enclosure.

    Leave a comment:


  • kperry
    replied
    I had a similar issue but I noticed that the last 16 inches of track wasn't even used when the door was in the upright position. I drilled new holes to relocate the support bracket and cut off the last 16 inches of garage rail. Now I've got at least two feet of clearance on drives.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rlefig
    replied
    i have thought about barn doors, we will see

    Leave a comment:


  • Hickory James
    replied
    I took all the out and did barn doors frees up all the space and looks good!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...