This is the turf I'm going to use to cover the hitting area floor. GrandSlam foam backed turf:
As of now, I'm planning to use a SigProSofty at a depth of 2 3/8 inches so I'm going to build up the floor with Rubber/Eva firm foam at a heigh of 1.75 inches. This plus the height of the turf (5/8) matches the height of the sigpro.
The alternate is the go with the carl's place advanced divot hitting strip that is a little less thick.
Any thoughts on the best divot hitting strip?
Thanks,
WE
Home Theater -> Golfsim retrofit
Collapse
X
-
Mostly righties but a couple of lefties and I do have some cost constraints given I need to buy more equipment than planned.
Leave a comment:
-
My opinion would be gut the whole room (including all chairs/risers), take out the right closet (the closet that doesn't hold the AV stuff) and completely start fresh.
Edit: are you a righty and do you assume most in the room will also be righties?
Leave a comment:
-
The room is roughly 20 feet wide, 30 feet long.
i did decide to take out the first riser and leave the rear riser.
Leave a comment:
-
One question I'm wondering about......well a couple....should I go with 16:10 or 16:9? Then, I was thinking about a full putting-style flooring with a 1.5" base rubber layer and then a hitting mat. Wondering about doing a putting turf for most areas and then a 4x9 stance mat with a hitting strip.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
Leave a comment:
-
Still working on whether to flip it or not. The side doors are closets. The one on the left is where equipment rack goes and the opening on the back of that allows rear access to rack.
the one entry door is on the side.
Leave a comment:
-
First up thought is that those doors look like trouble for a multitude of reasons, ie people entering the area, mishit ball returning with venom etc. Probably a bigger job than you anticipated, however can you turn it around 180 and hit on the back wall?
Leave a comment:
-
That is going to be sick!!!! Can't wait to see the finished setup!
Leave a comment:
-
Man, that must've sucked when you got home to see a flooded basement! But converting to a golf sim and theater space will be sweet!
If you need help with your build, let me know. I've helped many people here and can get you great pricing on all sim gear.
Leave a comment:
-
Home Theater -> Golfsim retrofit
This past Decemember ('23), the family came home from a trip to find our basement flooded. After 5 months of working with insurance and contractors, we are starting the repairs. Instead of replacing the old home theater (circa 2011) as is, we are going to do a Golf Sim/Home Theater. Here are some picture of the original set up. Along with the current state. Will be using a ProTee VX and probably a BenQ LK936ST. Probably a SigPro Premium screen and still working on the flooring/hitting strip selection. Will try to post updates here.
Tags: None
Leave a comment: