Hello from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Florida

Finally getting a house with a garage. Was just going to build a hitting net but considering a simulator now. Limited budget so I was considering two different options. Opti shot with screen, projector and good mat then upgrade to Skytrax in a year or get Skytrax now and just use a net and the computer I already have. Interested in the experienced opinions from this forum. Sorry if wrong forum will repost if directed. Thanks

Skytrak hands down. If budget is really limited now then go with rmotion over opti.

Comment

• Largobuc3266
      Largobuc3266 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks not really sold on rmotion at the moment. Skytrax seems the way to go.

I was in a similar situation you are in and ended up purchasing the R-Motion. I believe the R-Motion is a better alternative to the Optishot. Now I am in the process of upgrading to a Skytrak. In hindsight, I wish I would have purchased the Skytrak up front and hit into a net, rather than building the sim first.

Comment

I would say Skytrak as well. If your on a budget for sure a hitting into a net is the way to go.

I did it for a while as well. Then a bud gave me a spare projector. Since then I can't eat or sleep. Severe sim golf withdraws. :-)

Ensure you don't shortcut yourself now and will have to re-spend money later.

The screen and projector you can buy at a later time or even stay on the prowl for a good deal.

I purchased my impact screen on clearance for $100 from Carl's (http://carlofet.com/). Just upgraded my projector once I found it on clearance.

Comment

Go with the skytrak right away. If you wanna safe, don't get a screen right away if that is what you have to do. Launch monitor and mat are the tow things you will regret going cheap on. Don't cheap out on what you buy. Better buy piece after piece with some time in between .

Comment

If you're not sold on the r-motion then definitely do NOT get an opti you will hate it even more. At least with R-motion you already have a piece to incorporate with skytrak if you go that route.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments.

Comment

Working...
            X