Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Chris Stevens (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - RBC Heritage with 2 rounds at Harbour Town ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-rbc-heritage
See more
See less

Junior Coach building home simulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Coach building home simulator

Hi everyone. I coach junior golf 500ish students each year in camps, school programs, private lessons, leagues etc. I wanted something that could be used indoors or outdoors as I’m also coaching a high school team. The track man is out of my price range so I settled on the flight scope xi tour. My indoor space is limited. 22ish feet total. I’ve combed through the board and have some ideas.

Panasonic PT 580U - I need to mount about where I am hitting from to avoid shadows correct? Would this work from 13 feet from the screen? Screen size 144” x 120”. I’m open to other options just loved its picture. This will only be for golf not movies. But it will be used for lessons so quality is important. Carl’s Preferred 12’x10’ impact screen. CCE hitting mat. I’m sure I’m missing a lot but was looking for opinions and suggestions.

My biggest question right now is building the impact screen holder. I would like the screen to take up as much of my 12x 10 screen area as possible. Would the cage be able to be flush with the ceiling or walls and floor? It will be a permanent placement in a single car garage. Or what is the biggest I could go? With the 4” rule what screen from Carl’s would you guys recommend? Thank all for the assistance

Comment

With the 4” rule what screen from Carl’s would you guys recommend?

Atleast a preferred from carls. The standard is good but you would probably have to replace it after one year.

Check their clearance section from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by triplebogeysrbetter View Post
        With the 4” rule what screen from Carl’s would you guys recommend?

Atleast a preferred from carls. The standard is good but you would probably have to replace it after one year.

Check their clearance section from time to time.
        Thank you TBOB. For the screen because I will be teaching on it I was going to go with the Carl’s premium screen and cords. I was looking more at getting the correct size to fit my frame.

The size for my my build area for the screen is 138 x 108 inches 11.5’ x 9’. I plan on useing emt pipes and fittings from Tarps.com.

My my main question is how big can I go on the frame? How much clearance do I need to the wall from the emt pipes? Once I figure that out is there a premium screen that will fill the whole space? Dumb question but how do you attach it to the house? Can you attach it to the framing or is that needed? Thank you!

Comment

General recommendations are usually to have the impact screens at least 1' away from the walls.

Don't need to attach the EMT framing to the house if you build an enclosure.

But angle irons mounted directly to the walls (studs) can be used instead of building an enclosure. e.g. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...0117/204325588

Comment

Working...
          X