Synlawn for the Win!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synlawn for the Win!!!

After taking the advice of John (Aeroburner), I stopped by my local Synlawn here in Dallas. I able to get the following remnants:

7x4 Classic Pitch
    10x10 Classic pitch
    3x4 perfect putt
    7x10 perfect putt

Guess how much I paid for all of it?? $100.00. Yes One Hundred Dollars!!! Do not spend crazy money online, go find your local retailer. Some of this stuff retails for $7-8sq ft. Aeroburner said remnants can be had for $1-3sq ft. I didn't even have to bargin. They told me .50c sqft. I probably got $1500 or so of product for $100!!!

Thanks again
    aeroburner for posting about this!!!!

​​​​​​

go to synlawn website and look at the map of sellers it will show you the closest place to you

Comment

I'm in Dallas too

Comment

Don't need none though but when I do, I know where to look! Nice job fellas

Comment

I've had a 12x11 Synlawn for a couple of years now. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ericft
            Ericft commented
            Editing a comment
            which synlawn product is this? tee strike or classic pitch or other? how does it feel on iron hits with regard to fat shots and jarring on the wrist?

• arex99
            arex99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd be interested in this as well?

• MOTOX77
            MOTOX77 commented
            Editing a comment
            i'm looking to get the same 12x11..do you remember what a piece that big cost by chance?

Can anyone let me know how heavy the synlawn is..... I may have to ship overseas so would be good to know roughly how much it weighs.

Comment

• pwade3
            pwade3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing my wieghs about 90 Ibs. Its 11 x 12. I don't have an exact weight but will be in the area.

• Stevew
            Stevew commented
            Editing a comment
            I shipped a 5x15 piece of the perfect putt. It was 63lbs. Hope this helps.

Did any of you have the edges finished (did they come finished?)?

Comment

• pwade3
            pwade3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure what you mean by finished, but mine has the grey material that you see in the picture on two ends and the other ends are finished (not material hanging out). The grey material is used to glue another piece of lawn onto it. It can be tucked under and you don't even notice it. I use it to attach a 3" pvc pipe to via velcro to roll the synlawn up when not in use. If you cut the material off, all sides would look finished.

Here is the edge as it came on the roll. I tucked the material under on one pic. The sides are as is. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5353.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	99318 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5352.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	99317 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5354.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	99316

Comment

Would these be able to be trimmed or would it cause the mat to begin to fray and fall apart on the end? Sorry newbie...

Comment

I contacted my local Synlawn last week for for a piece of turf, and more specifically asked for any remnants they had. Rep I spoke with, who checked with manager, said I was more than welcome to come pick-up any remnants I wanted, and he would save me 20 cents off the normal per sq ft price...not much of a deal there.

Comment

• aeroburner
                aeroburner commented
                Editing a comment
                leon go in there and dont think that is what they will do i am telling you that the deal will be worth the drive, I have told everyone do not call them as this will never work out to your benefit

• leoapd
                leoapd commented
                Editing a comment
                They are about an hour away from me, so I may just do that. Thanks

Tried the GA synlawn, seems to be just a Rep and home address

Shame. As whilst here in Atlanta... was hoping to get some remnants....

Comment

I am looking for a piece of Tee Strike 1'x5' or 2'x5'. I am in WI and the places down south won't sell to me because I am in the Chicago district and they don't have any small pieces.
                Dose anyone have a piece around that size they would be willing to sell or would be interested in getting some if I paid them some extra $$$$ to pull this off?
                I can make it easier for them by sending a UPS tag.

Comment

I might be able to help with Classic Pitch in that size. Not the tee strike though. You need 1-2 wide by 5ft long?

Comment

Yes, but I want the Tee Strike, I got a sample,it is about 1" thick and feels pretty good, even better than my Fiberbuilt panel, but I hate to spend $600
                    if it is like clubs, they seem great until you actually pay for them, and realize they aren't that much better or any better than what I already had lol.
                    How thick is the Classic Pitch?

Comment

Found a SYNLawn Distributor a couple hours away from the house..emailed them and they're willing to sell me a remnant Tee Strike piece 9'6''x12' for $150! They said a new piece that size would be over $800. I'm pumped! Picking it up on Saturday!

Comment

• aeroburner
                        aeroburner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        awesome great find glad you went after it

After using the Synlawn products for while, what are the assesments on it?
                      I have a divot action unit and want to put Synlawn classic putt or precision putt turf on it to putt and strike balls. How does it hold up?
                      What have you guys been putting on the divot action type things you have been making?

Comment

Working...
                      X