Driving range tgc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving range tgc

What's the best driving range on tgc?.. I've been using Protees Sunday Range with the blimp flying over head which is cool. But is there one better than that.? ?? Which one do most of you warm up and practice on??? Like to have different range options... thanks guys.

I like the ProTee edge ranges.... all 3 of them. Range 2 ProTee SFR, Mthunt ProTee driving range. These 5 are my favorite. Target greens.... I like Mthunt's. chipping and putting,,,, I like SFR. There is over 100 ranges, last time I checked.

Comment

OK thanks keither.. I'll check them out.. I was looking for a good chipping range as well for short game and putting as well. Glad MT did those. The protee sunday range I use is good for the long game. So i just type in range in the search bar and these pop up correct??? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, type in range and you will see about 13 pages of ranges to choose from. Or you can also build your own if you have the time.

I like Mthunt's range for the short game. I hit a 9 iron to the middle and now you have about 8 greens to choose from ....40-130 yards. Just keep autorewind on and go from green to green.

Comment

I tried it for the first time and really liked mt hunts protee driving range. Simple, no gimmicks, and good for all clubs in the bag.

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like his for short game practice...... He needs to add a big green 5 yards away with multiple pins like SFR..... Did you here that Mthunt...... ETA on version 2?

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            I can do that in like 20 minutes. Consider it done.

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mthunt...... do we have to wait for an upload .... I guess. Email me a screenshot when you get a chance.

Thanks

I created a range full of animals that fall over when you hit them. It also has yardage signs in 50 yard increments and numerous greens lining both sides. It's sort of fun. It's called The New Range at Hammond Farms.

Comment

• Godfather
            Godfather commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. I will have to try this and show my kids later today.

• tlhammond5
            tlhammond5 commented
            Editing a comment
            My eight year old daughter loves it.

I use MThunts range too. It's works great.

Are there any "putting" courses? I have never practiced putting but it might be nice if there was course that had 18 holes putting range from varying distances that would auto advance after I hit gimme range. Then I could also keep my score to see how I do. I still stink at putting on TGC, something like that would hopefully be more fun than putting on autorewind.

Comment

Mt what is the exact name of your best range?? You have a few of them.. I'm looking for short game and long game .. do you have a range that has both.?? Thanks..

Comment

So far for me the protee sunday range tgc works best. I was just looking for other options. .. it has the most targets to fire at.. the others I checked out not so much unless someone comes up with something better. Or I may have to design one.. if I ever have the time..

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyd9366 View Post
                Mt what is the exact name of your best range?? You have a few of them.. I'm looking for short game and long game .. do you have a range that has both.?? Thanks..
                The problem with the designer is the learning curve. The first thing I did was the range. Now I'm like "wow, I had no idea what I was doing". Part of that was I kept hitting the publish button.

IMO, the best one is the one I just published. It's called "2017 mthunt ProTee driving range and short game" I just posted it so it's uploading.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Cool thanks MT. I'll check it out

Comment

Checked it out and it's now on my favorites list.. pretty cool how you made different length hole's for various clubs in the bag to practice I also like the chipping holes as well a's well as the putting. Thanks MT. just what I was looking for. Tony.

Comment

I soon will get a used gc2 that has to be upgraded to use ipad fitting app. Until then, TGC (which I already have) seems to be only available option to see the ball flight from gc2. My question is will TGC interpret data correctly and generate an accurate ball flights and how it fared to the fitting app. Thanks so much for any response and suggestions on this matter.

Comment

• Stingreye
                        Stingreye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think every gc2 has Bluetooth just some are not compatible with Apple products. If you have TGC already, request access to using the gc2 with it (free). Then use One of the many ranges there. I never use the iPad app anymore. I would only use it if I wanted to do a club fitting

• goatbarn
                        goatbarn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, every GC2 has bluetooth. The GC2A is apple compliant. Unless, of course, your GC2's bluetooth radio was broken.

• joejitt
                        joejitt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks all for reply. I'm new to gc2 and haven't had enough time to learn more about it on this forum. If gc2 has bluetooth, that'd be great. I plan to use it for clubfitting and on the range for my son. I'll try it with android app then.

I have the gc2a. It is compatible with apple. But I use Windows . I find the data to be accurate with tgc. Whatever the display shows on the gc2 for launch and spin and ball speed and carry the same thing shows on the tgc. It does give you some club data as well. What it actually does is the gc2 measures ball data accurately then calculates club data on the tgc. Now the club data is an estimatation based on the spin of the ball. But to me it's enough data. I don't feel the need to spend another 7k for the hmt to get accurate club data. I think you'll be pleased with the gc2. A lot of us are and most of us have the gc2 tgc combo. I'm very happy with the set up.

Comment

Another thing to consider is when using this combo you have to have the gsx interface that works with the protee interface. Also the gc2 is calibrated for San diego weather conditions because foresight is based there. That being said it's set for 70° sea level and 50% humidity. I live in Vegas so my conditions are different 2200ft above sea level 10% humidity and higher temps. So my ball travels about 10 to 13 yards more. So in the gsx interface there is a series of sliders for your woods and irons and wedges that you can boost for accurate distance that your normally used to. For me I have the sliders set at +3 to compensate for my conditions. Hope that helps.

Comment

• mthunt
                          mthunt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Contact ProTee. You need a new licence code. They'll also give you the downlink tool with GSX in it

• joejitt
                          joejitt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          mthunt. Thank you for the info.

• joejitt
                          joejitt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm sorry I have to ask this stupid question. The "machine id" is a number specific to my computer or GC2?
                      Working...
                      X