Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @frackh (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2017/2018 SPRING TOUR - RBC Heritage !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

PX systems from GSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PX systems from GSA

Hey, I am just curious if anyone has tried the PX6 system, or any PX system from GSA, and wondering what they are like for a simulator and company to deal with?

Also the sensor pads for Protee and alike, how does the turf hold up in a commercial setting? Would the grass tops need replaced frequently?

Thanks for reading.

Chris

I will address the GSA company and how they are to deal with. A few years ago I bought a system from Martin, It was something that he did not sell as a package, but something that I dreamed up on my own. I don't remember the exact devices, however I could never get it to work. Martin was very helpful trying to get it to work. At the end he refunded my purchase price in full with no questions asked. I believe he has systems that do what I wanted now, but I purchased a used ProTee system and have been happy with that. The fiberbuilt turf on the protee system holds up very well IMO.

Comment

• Chrislistergolf
      Chrislistergolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response

I upgraded my CX2 system to a PX5 system about a year ago. The PX5 is very similar to what ProTee offers. I have not tried any of the club cameras or ball spin cameras. I am waiting for a price from Martin on the LX Pro, which would take my system to a PX6. I have not had issues with Martin's service. I find the FB mats to be extremely durable. Replacements mats can be ordered directly from FB.. It's a matter of a few screws on the backside.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I was selling the PX5 with my house. That's why I bought the GC2. Now that we are staying in our existing house for another 2 years, I have no need for 2 sims, especially since my employer went into receivership. When we build, I will buy another GC2 and try to sell the PX5 with the house. I gave it a few weeks, trying to sell the PX5. The PX5 is a great system. What am I trying to get from the LX Pro. Accurate backspin measurement for the short game. What's great about the GC2 is that it is perfect inside of 100 yards. Before shipping the GC2, I used it to calibrate spin adjust for each club. So now, 90% of the time my spin is within 10% or so of the GC2. What you lack with the PX5 is spin measurement. With the GC2, I can take a 56 an hit a 30 yard chip and put as much spin as I want on the ball. The PX5 does a good job calculating spin on full shots but can sometimes differ by 1000 rpm on 30 yard chips. A guy can get used to the PX5 calculations for spin on the short game. The LX Pro will add the accurate backspin needed for an accurate depiction of the short game. HA should be measured by the Hcam. SA should be calculated by club face and path. The only measurement needed from the LX Pro is backspin or total spin. Believe me, I would have loved to keep both sims.

• 72solstice
      72solstice commented
      Editing a comment
      So you will be gravitating from gc2, to enhanced px5 with lx pro? And that covers club and ball data then with awesome putting and measured ball spin? You want it all. Lol. This covers the short game gap in the px5 right. So you'll used marked balls and still using TGC obviously. Is Martin preparing TGC2 for GSA for this spring I thought?

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah,,,, but I would have been ok if the PX5 sold first. And if the LX pro is not worth it, I will eventually go back to the GC2. The GC2 spoils you with it's short game performance. I will not be using marked balls but will face the logo towards the unit. Martin will be pretty quick to incorporate TGC 2019 when available. We might be a day behind... that's about it.

I had a simulator by GSA back in 2010 and I often thought that the GSA sensor mat looked an awful lot like the Pro Tee model and wondered if they were produced by the same person. Can anyone verify?

In regard to their service...I thought they provided good service, and my simulator was a blast to use. I used in my teaching studio, and became addicted to it very quickly.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I know, they used to work together. Then they split up. The tech is very close. I have not had a problem with GSA's service. They offer remote service....all you have to do is hit balls and they do the rest...... which usually involves you moving cameras or adding lights, and perhaps changing flooring material to a non reflective type. I use automotive interior black carpet... works great and is awesome for putting.

Systems are completely different. All that is the same are the Fiberbuilt turf panels on top.
    TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

I have a px2 available for sale if you are interested

Comment

• Nikeman11
        Nikeman11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why are you selling your px2?

• richdmb
        richdmb commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a gc2 because I wanted a device I could use outside too.
    Working...
    X