GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

We are getting close to releasing the Beta version of Vistrak. The final configuration and pricing is still subject to change. We are testing a few more lighting configurations and then we will be making a decision on the final single camera specs. Soon after the single camera Vistrak release, a floor mounted Vistrak launch monitor will be released for beta testing. I expect that the pricing for this unit will be close to the single camera overhead unit. And finally the CX surround Vistrak will be released. More information will be available next week.

If you are interested in GSA's Beta testing program please send me a private message with the following information.

Name, Forum user name, email address, your current simulator if any, what software you are currently using , computer specs, and whether you are interested in the ceiling model or the floor model.

would you send to australia?

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we will.

• frankiepap39
      frankiepap39 commented
      Editing a comment
      happy to be a tester

I am not sure if the Beta program will extend past North America. I will find out. I know that we have a distributor lined up for out there.

Comment

If you have a well let room would you need such a strong light or can you get away with no light and just the VisTrak.
      i have led lighting in my room so it’s pretty light in there.
      Last edited by flightscoperick; 07-06-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Fairways IGC
        Fairways IGC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I am part of the development team and the Vistrak will require and come with proper lighting and is intended to have all in one module. So your existing lighting is fine to keep but wont be used for VisTrak image capture.

The lighting that we will be using with either be high powered IR along with a small Led to light up the hitting area. Or it will be a high powered LED with a focused beam. Both of these lights will be enough for the image capture.

Comment

I will be responding to everyone who has sent me PM's within a day or two. Please make sure that you indicate whether you are interested in the floor model or the ceiling model. We surely won't have a shortage of testers. I am thinking of creating a Discord channel dedicated to the Beta testing. Here we can exchange thoughts and ideas. We will also have scheduled Q and A's and roundtable discussions. This will all be set up prior to the Beta units going on sale.

Thanks

Comment

Sounds Good can’t wait to test it with my flightscope and also as a sim with E6 Connect

Comment

Seems to be moving along as anticipated. PM Sent

Comment

Any update on the beta testing. Have you responded to the pm yet

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry if I missed your PM...… My inbox is a mess. I should have asked that everyone puts their name in the subject line.....
                We will be starting a Discord channel for everyone to share thoughts and ideas. This channel will also be used to report bugs and challenges. Everyone purchasing a beta unit will be invited to the Discord channel. There, we will prioritize the issues and forward them on to Martin.

I asked everyone who is interested to send me a PM.... this was basically just so we can gauge the level of interest. We want to make sure that we have enough units for the beta launch. Once Martin fixes a couple of little things, I will post a short Video of the Vistrak in action with TGC 2019.

Here is the latest. Lighting. An LED solution has been found for lighting. That is good because it is quite hot under the halogens that I have been testing. Mike is also very close to having an IR solution for lighting. Our first choice would be IR but we have LED to fall back on if we can't get the IR to work properly. My LED lights arrive on Monday for me to test.

Club data coding has all been done but may need some fine tuning once my lights arrive. Martin is currently busy coding for spin. He is optimistic that spin can be detected with the current camera and LED lighting. Once spin coding is done, we will be doing some final tests.

So far, only black clubs will need to be marked. That may change once ball spin is coded. Lighting will be set up for ball spin as the first priority. There still is a chance that the clubs will need markings for club data.

Once we have started on our final testing, more details will be released on the beta testing program.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Martin also mentioned to me that he was working on the integration with E6 Connect this week. How is the interest for Vistrak beta

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interest is better than expected. Looks like we are going to have more testers than we really need. Mike is the E6 guy and I will be testing TGC2019 and TGC. Once both of them are working well, we will be on to other 3rd party software. Martin is quite busy.... we have given him a lot of little things to fine tune.

Ask Mike to PM me I have been testing E6 Connect since January. Would like him to post his thoughts on our E6 Connect Discord channel as well. We have about 25 members as of now.

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sent you a PM.

Here is the latest...….

We are pretty close to releasing the Beta units. There's a handful of little things that Martin still needs to address. We are close enough that the next Alpha units ( Vistrak LX launch monitor) are being released to the Alpha testers on Monday. We have also come to the conclusion that we can use the same case for the LX and the single camera Vistrak. In fact, the units are identical with the exception of a $35 lens. The overhead unit will need to have the LED spotlight as well. I am pretty excited about the LX release. The LX will measure something that very few sims have ( correct me if I am wrong). AoA will be easily measured by the LX ( club might need to be marked) I have always struggled with hitting down on my woods and up on my driver. Now I will have this data to help me practice.

Comment

I sent you a pm awhile back about beta testing with E6 Connect never got a response back do you have a list

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My PM's have exceeded the allowed limit. I sent ProTee Max a message asking to increase my limit.... E6 connect will be supported. I believe that the coding for that is already done. Mike is testing E6 and I am testing TGC. E6 connect will be up and running for the Beta release.

The site says Beta version release on Aug 1st. Can you answer a few more ?.
                  will VisTrak eagle come in a case.
                  whats the main difference between eagle and LX
                  what would you recommend
                  I'm leaning towards the Eagle
                  cost of Vcam with the Eagle beta
                  my ceiling hight is 12 1/2 feet

Comment

Working...
                  X