Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play on the Optishot Mini or Pro Tour??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play on the Optishot Mini or Pro Tour??

Just joined the Optishot Mini Tour and have a few questions about how it works?

It's been a little while since I had Optishot, but I might can help. What's the question?

Comment

While I am not currently playing on the Optishot tour, I have played on their tour the last couple of years.

Comment

I've played the Mini-tour last year and decided to play the Pro-tour this year. Just login with your Optishot on a Thursday to Wed, select Tournament and if there is a match that week, pick either the 'Open' or the one that matches your handicap. Your handicap develops as you play online and create matches in the online groups. The Tournaments are really fun because they usually match what is currently being played on TV so you can play along on the same course (for the most part). If you see me online, drop in and shot around. My handle is 'CB' on optishot.
        Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Thanks Chuck...I just joined the Mini Tour and have mixed reviews on it. I played in the B flight and saw players shooting EVEN and UNDER par for the two rounds. Seems very unrealistic for a player with a handicap 7.5 or above on tough courses. Not that I am concerned about winning tournaments just want to try to compete with other players of similar abilities and try to get better. Putting seems extremely difficult on some of the course so how are players shooting so well?

I also would like to see which rounds make up my handicap...is there anyway to do that?

I would be very interested in playing some Peer to Peer games if anyone is interested. My username is Mancave.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you. Putting on the Optishot is rough. Hit or miss. There are some youtube videos on putting with Optishot, and while they help, rarely do I adjust the shot on the keyboard as they suggest, But yeah, I know what you mean on about players like 'Crowe' and the others that will hit a 58 on a par 72. Geeze. If I get in the upper 70's I'm ecstatic. Oh well, life in the '80s is OK. As far as handicap while the "7.5 and above" sucks (been there and done that), it's easy to get out of with just a few good games. In the case of the prizes; it's just luck. The more you play the better your odds (just beware of the pyramid; as more hands reaching for the rewards, the odds drop as in all random pick games). But enjoy the games.

One tip just for your overall game improvement; From the downswing, the first row of LEDs are the triggers and measure the club's entry point in the swing. The exit LEDs measure the face angle exit and ball flight direction. On putting, only the front LEDs matter.

I've seen you online Mancave. I think I even joined one of the games you were in. I'll look you for you tomorrow if you have a specific time to be on (EDT for my Tzone).

Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Working...
            X