• Show
Clear All

• Optishot vision

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-20.png
Views:	4367
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	180460 What is this? They haven't even marketed their ball-flight

On a facebook group,someone from optishot posted this and their other unit. I've asked questions about it as have others but haven't seen any replies yet.

Comment

I received an email talking about their BallFlight product and this new Vision product. They have a new product page on their site but it only has a request info form on it. I assume they are keeping some things (like pricing) under wraps until next week for the PGA show.

It will be interesting to see how this measures against SkyTrak. I've been holding out for the PGA show to see if SkyTrak will have a hardware revision before upgrading my current OptiShot 2 but now it looks like there may be another option (hoping they hit the 2-3K price range with this new product) to compare/contrast. Exciting times for us sim users!

Comment

gkkling sorry but not even close on the price. ballflight is $5995 and the vision is approximately $12500 with install and a cpu

Comment

• FaultyClubs
          FaultyClubs commented
          Editing a comment
          What does "install" mean? If it means the hitting studio including the vision and cpu the price isn't bad. The vision could easily be a $2k-$3k unit at that price.

The Skytrak GS13 studio is $11k without the Skytrak or PC.

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          FaultyClubs This is the statement. It's quite vague, intentionally I'm sure.

"Vision is priced at approximately $12,500 based on installation requirements (Installation and CPU included in the approximate purchase price - varies by location)".

wbond - Wow! I guess I was expecting it to fall between the Optishot 2 and the BallFlight. Most of the grumbling around here about the BallFlight was that they jumped from a $300 sim to $6000. Oh Well. I've been eye balling the SkyTrak for awhile anyway and have already started designing my local course in TGC to play on so it would have been a hard sell to switch.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I dont see many sales of either product at that price point. To risky when you have products you know can perform.

Comment

Do you think Optishot is looking to move away from the inexpensive simulator (Optishot 2) and try to take on the big players in the golf simulator market? It just doesn't make sense to have a product that is $300 and then jump to one that is $6000-12,000. Are they partnering with another company?

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              Supposedly they had higher up exec's from other companies that moved to Opti. I have no idea whether that is true or not, just something that was said in another forum. Kind of makes sense if that is the case. Problem is overcoming the stigma of a $300 unit with mostly poor reviews.

• golfallyear
              golfallyear commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that makes sense...i noticed they changed their website to look more like Skytrak and even changed color of their logo. Also if you look at the website you will have a difficult time finding an image of the Optishot 2 swingpad. Everything is the BallFlight simulator. I bet they are trying to remold their image and move away from the Optishot 2 simulator.
              Last edited by golfallyear; 01-19-2019, 04:30 AM.

Not that I have any special knowledge on the subject but it seems common sense to me that in order for them to be successful they need to differentiate themselves by bringing better technology to the table or a better price for equivalent technology. Trying to break into the market with all things being equal just seems like a bad strategy when the existing players are already established. What is the incentive for someone to try something new?

I'm of the mindset that integrating Optishot2 with SkyTrak would make a lot of sense. I know they have R-Motion but clips and dongles that need to be moved around for every shot is just too cumbersome for my liking. Having Optishot2 at the lower price point allowed me (and many others) to enter the market so combining that with a LM would provide extra longevity (until something better comes along).

I'm very curious at this stage to see what SkyTrak brings to the table next week. It wouldn't surprise me if they added a reasonably priced club face unit to the mix.
            It will also be interesting to see how they address the high ball speed issue. We know they have a fix coming in Q1 to address that issue but they didn't say whether that would come in the form of a firmware update or a hardware revision.

Maybe they kill several birds with a hardware revision?
            Faster Cameras and triggers to capture higher ball speeds.
            USB 3 for faster data transfer to reduce the shot delay.
            Club Face unit (their own or partner hardware) to bring club and ball data together.

One can only dream! I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens but either way I'm looking forward to the coming months.

Comment

Optishot has done well over the years. They clearly needed to expand. These are very big jumps for them. There are many options for users and I don't think they will have a huge market share with either product at that price point. I wish them all the best as they are an important company in the history of home simulators.

Comment

Hard to believe there isn’t one post about this since the PGA show. Does anyone have any solid feedback?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.20.26 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	336.1 KB ID:	184793 I just want more photos of it. Looks like a IDS camera.
                  Last edited by htdumps; 02-06-2019, 03:00 AM.

Comment

This is "(OSG) Vision Product Intro Video v3 (10.23.2018)" by OptiShot Golf on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

• golfallyear
                      golfallyear commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is it just me...I have no idea from that video what the Vision system actually does. What stats does it track? What does it do that makes it worth spending $12,000. Im still confused. I also still have not heard from anyone who has the Ballflight. I worry that Optishot is going to stop putting any updates to the Optishot 2 and force me to upgrade to Skytrak (my wife will not like that lol).

I’ve been checking back here and across the web for any type of feedback on the Optishot Vision and/or BallFlight. Has Anyone heard anything in the past month? I would think Optishot might put out some more videos, if they feel the product is worthy...

Comment

I asked Optishot support a few months ago about why they are not updating their Online Tour and making it better (I stopped playing in the tournaments). They said they were "working a few other projects right now and will eventually circle back around to improving tournaments". I assume they were talking about the Ballflight and Vision systems yet I have not seen one person who has purchased or even used it. I am worried that Optishot is moving away from the budget simulator (Optishot 2) to these more expensive products but not really sure what these products actually do. I agree Dinyo, you would think there would be a indepth review of the systems if they are going to promote them. I am totally confused about the path they are taking.

Comment

Working...
                      X