NEW Optishot League - Farmers Insurance Open this Saturday 5pm PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Optishot League - Farmers Insurance Open this Saturday 5pm PST

Come play in the Optishot League event the Farmers Insurance Open this Saturday (1/26) via the peer to peer feature on Optishot. I will post a peer to peer round at Torrey Pines South (Black) course under the username ManCave (if I get more than 4 players I will set up a 2nd peer to peer round). Please register for the event at golfallyear.com under the "Optishot League" tab (also get more info about the league). I will post the scores of those that register.

I would really like players who are committed to playing once a week on Saturdays (rounds last about an hour). I have a 12 event schedule that we can use that is based on Optishot courses. I would love to start keeping standings (fedex points) starting this week but need players who are going to play each Saturday. If you can not make a Saturday just contact me and I will set up a makeup round for Sunday at 5pm PST.

Please let me know if you are interested below.

Schedule Event Schedule
    1 Safeway Open Palm Desert (Mountain) 500
    2 World Golf Championship Black Mountain (Thailand) 550
    3 Sentry Tournament of Champions West Maui (Plantation) 500
    4 Farmers Insurance Open Torrey Pines (South) 500
    5 Waste Management Phoenix Open The Golf Club At Scottsdale 500
    6 Sony Open West Maui (Plantation) 500
    7 Masters Barsesback Golf Club 600
    8 Honda Classic Warrick Hills 500
    9 US Open Torrey Pines (South) 600
    10 Canadian Open The Canadian Club 500
    11 PGA Championship Long Island Black 600
    12 BMW Championship Twisted Twig 2000
    Last edited by golfallyear; 01-20-2019, 05:43 PM. Reason: Added date

Mancave. I'm sorry I keep missing you on the tournament. 5pm PST is a little late for many of us in the East. I was thinking, I could host some rounds on Sun between 3pm to 4pm EDT if that would help.
    Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• golfallyear
      golfallyear commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand if you can't make it on Saturday night...I have been playing the round in about an hour but if 8pm EST is too late so be it. Let me know if you change your mind.

Hey gents, just a recommendation.....

While it is more fun, You don't have to play at the same time. One player can create the game and send the invites to other players (up to 4 total per game). The players can choose the invite and play at any time. The only caveat is that if the player that created the game plays, then the game is over and the others can't then join the game. There is a way around this. Those invited can log on, join the game and then quit before teeing off. That keeps the game open for them.

Just a thought.....

Comment

• golfallyear
      golfallyear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the advice. Optishot's Mini Tour does that but I believe it is more fun to play at the same time (you can chat, see what others are doing etc). I have not had much fun playing the Mini Tour that is why I tried to start this.
      Last edited by golfallyear; 01-26-2019, 12:50 AM.

I would love to be involved but the times do not work for me . (Wife work etc). Is there anyone else that can play Sundays at around 1 to 3 pst.

Comment

I would be open to playing on Sunday at 1:00 PST (now that NFL season is over) if that works for others but I have had many people agree to play at a certain time and then not show up for some reason or another. This only really works if people are committed to playing every week. I think it could be fun but I am frustrated trying to get people to commit to a time. Rounds only last about an hour.

Comment

• Bjajey
        Bjajey commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep up the good work we appreciate the effort you are putting in . It will eventually work . Also love your web site , very informative.

Are you unable to just leave it open for a certain time period like TGC does? You're always going to have this issue, even when people commit. Anytime something else comes up it will almost always take priority over something like this.

Comment

I could send out invites I guess but I usually set up the round at about 5 or so minutes before start time. This i figure makes it more difficult for random players to join. Last week, i had a few players signed up and I ended up playing alone. I look at it like a tee time on a regular course...you don't show up late for a tee time. Right?? Anyway, if people are interested in trying something for Sunday at 1pm PST let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by golfallyear View Post
          I could send out invites I guess but I usually set up the round at about 5 or so minutes before start time. This i figure makes it more difficult for random players to join. Last week, i had a few players signed up and I ended up playing alone. I look at it like a tee time on a regular course...you don't show up late for a tee time. Right?? Anyway, if people are interested in trying something for Sunday at 1pm PST let me know.

You can set it up as a "private event". That will only allow the players you invite to join.

Comment

I am new to my Optishot, and would be willing to play Sundays at 1pm EST.

Comment

Working...
            X