Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @DTrain24 (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at GC of Houston (ProTee) V2 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

Any ideas on how to improve using the Optishot (inexpensive)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how to improve using the Optishot (inexpensive)?

Hey everyone, I am looking for ideas on how to improve my golf game using the Optishotf (I am looking to break 80 consistently). I understand the Optishot has it limitations (as i have had it for 3 plus years) so is there any way to get more out of the Optishot? Is there an inexpensive launch monitor to pair with the Optishot for more data? Is there a training tool or app i can add. Just looking for ideas to help me improve and get better. Looking for simple ideas not looking for people to tell me to get a SkyTrak or Mevo+ as i am not interested in spending $2000 at this time. Thanks for the help.

The R-Motion can read Launch Angle more. It reads shaft lean where Optishot doesn’t.
    It can read whether you lean the shaft forward for a knock-down shot or keep it more vertically to pop it up.

Comment

• nbar
      nbar commented
      Editing a comment
      I have R Motion and Optishot. In my opinion only it is far and above Optishot. Graphics are way better and R Motion. If you spend time adjusting the clubs accuracy is as good or better. I haven't had any problem with the clips but I put them on and leave them on. They are so small they aren't a distraction when playing real golf. I also leave the dongle in my laptop all the time haven't had a problem with that either. I don't just use it as a launch monitor I play the courses. Playing the courses on The Golf Club is excellent. Playing the courses on Optishot is archaic. With my swing both have their problems. R Motion shows in to out swing much more of a right to left ball flight, a thin hit may show a good shot and a fat shot shows a hook. Optishot shows an out to in swing and a lot of right ball flight, almost impossible to hit a draw, wiff ball will show a good shot, area lighting problems, had to tape my woods.
      Last edited by nbar; 02-22-2020, 12:00 PM.

I have the R Motion. I am not a big fan. I do not like the clip system and i really don't think it is very accurate. I posted a video on youtube on my reasons: Optishot over R Motion. Thanks for the idea though...appreciate it.

Comment

The Zepp will clip onto your golf glove and give you info on your swing plane and grade ever swing you make. Also has some instructional video plans and a social media component. Personally, I think whatever keeps you swinging a golf club everyday is going to make you a better golfer.

Comment

• golfallyear
        golfallyear commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the Zepp accurate? It is in the $250 range right?

• PUNTE
        PUNTE commented
        Editing a comment
        Zepp 2 is 150 on Amazon. I have the Zepp 1 sensor. I loved the iOS app but the Android app has not worked well for me. It can miss up to 50 Percent of swings. If you have iPhone or iPad, I recommend taking the plunge.

Voice Caddy SC2000. It's a launch monitor. won't pair with Optishot, but will give you more data at a much better price

Comment

I love the idea of adding the Voice Caddy...What do you think of the Voice Caddy SC100? It is around $150 so much more affordable or do you think I would need to spend the extra $300 for the SC200?

Comment

I've got my eye on the SC200+. Haven't bit the bullet on it yet, but I have read a boatload about it. I wouldn't bother with the SC100 personally. I want the extra data the 200 has. In fact the SC200 has been discontinued already too. It was replaced with the SC200+ with more features. Thereby making the SC100 more obsolete to me.
          For the extra $100 bucks or so it's worth it to me to pick it up and take it to the range with me too.
          We all have the Optishot, so I assume we are all on a budget......The SC100 might be perfect for the price.

Comment

I have the SC200 and love it for the range but I find it often gives swing data that differs from optishot. I haven’t tinkered with placement of tee and SC200 enough to see if I can get it dialed in. l sometimes get faster, sometimes slower swings speeds and subsequent yardages. It does give you ball speed and smash factor though, which optishot doesn't. Will let you know if I get set up so both give same stats.

Comment

• golfallyear
              golfallyear commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks...i have heard good things about the SC200.

golfallyear this dude selling the SC300: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-caddie-sc300

Comment

• golfallyear
              golfallyear commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks ill look into it

So i added the Zepp 2 Sensor to my Optishot setup. Use it to track and video my swing. Works great so far...posted a video on it youtube. Will do more as i use it over the next month or so:
            Zepp Unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrUrVCWiWBU.

Let me know what you think, especially if you used it before.

Comment

Working...
            X