Golf ball test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf ball test

First test was 72yd carry next will be 7 iron and lastly driver.

When you look at carry and total distance they all perform pretty similar. Big price differences but not big performance differences.

Comment

I need some course numbers as well.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Where am I going to find a hole with no groups on it for an hour? What is the gc2 going to tell me out there vs indoors?
        Im not going Fn outdoors. Don't try to trick me!

• triplebogeysrbetter
        triplebogeysrbetter commented
        Editing a comment
        Rookies. Go out to the course. Wait for all the twilights to past by. Camp out on hole 2-3 about 7pm. Pull out the GC2 and hit some shots from 100 yards. Indoors is perfect lie and perfect grass.

• Wizard of Coz
        Wizard of Coz commented
        Editing a comment
        Its 743 right now but I just want to go the basement. I don't want to pick up all those balls and fix all those ball marks and divots.

I know this is an old post, but thought I’d mention that I noticed a couple of things today when doing some practice where I was focusing on launch angle. I started the session with my 52 wedge and was hitting away thinking that my launch angles were way too high. They were between 30 and 32 degrees and I was expecting and trying for things in the mid 20’s. I started to question if it was my mat, but then got thinking that it could be the balls I was hitting. Prior to this session, I was just hitting some two piece balls (Warbirds) as I was working on my swing and did not care what the ball was doing.

After thinking that range balls often launch higher than normal, I thought I would try and premium ball and sure enough as soon as I put down a few prov1’s and some Vice balls I immediately noticed a difference. It was night and day and all my next shots were between 25 and 27 launch.

just thought I’d share this experience.

As an aside, I was in Golftown today and saw that they were selling the Q-star balls at Cdn$70 for 3 dozen. Thought that this was a pretty good deal and am going to see how these perform against the Warbirds I was using for my swing practice.

Comment

Working...
      X