• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pxg gen 3 oh my

Before Christmas I hit the new pxg st at club champ during a fitting
    really a sweet club but still slightly above my ability

ended up with srixon 785s and really love them

today after some swing speed gains I went in for a gapping session ( club champs great , gapping a service with purchase forever )

while I was there I hit the new gen 3 line

just the 311 t and all I can say is oh boy
    smooth as silk what a sweet club
    since I was only fooling around I hit it with an xs tour shaft
    and I only play a regular Mitsubishi steel fiber so the weight was a way off
    and I still averaged plus 6 yards over my 6 iron

few years ago I had pxg gen one Xfs in my bag

may need to give their new line a closer look in the future
    maybe gen 4

they are here to stay and getting better all the time

compared to the titelist concepts and new tailor made high end offering the pxgs are 100 times better in looks and feel

I have not had a chance to hit the GEN3s but recently changed my whole bag to PXGs. Got the 0211 5-AW and the 0311 forged 54* and 58* wedges. Gen 1 Driver, 3 wood, 17* and 22* hybrid and the bat attack putter. I used the PXG for Heroes pricing and completely amazed how good their clubs are! I was never a hybrid guy but once I hit them during my fitting it was a done deal.

Comment

I had xf gen 1 irons
      About 3 years ago

swing changes and my desire to build a better swing as opposed to a hotter club drove me to take them out of my bag

i can see going back to Pxg In the future

the st blade and the gen 3 t could find their way in

Comment

My buddy just got fit for 0211's and he said they felt great and gave him consistency and really high ball flight (something he was not expecting when compared to his older Mizunos) He actually said they felt as good as his forged Mizuno's. The only complaints I've heard about PXG (Besides the marketing and price) is that there have been issues with correct length on ordered sets as some shafts are off by as much as 3/4". Perhaps that was an issue early on and they have fixed that. the 0211's look really nice for what they are, and I personally still like the Gen2's from a looks perspective.

I may be looking into a hybrid and or 3w from them in my next fitting.

Comment

I find little difference in their metals
          comp to others
          I think their irons are the place to look

Comment

Working...
          X