Cracked driver faces!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wizard of Coz
    Champion Member
    • Nov 2018
    • 1201

    #1

    Cracked driver faces!

    I just wondered if you cracked a driver face in the past few years
    a. What driver?
    b. What remedy?

    Wondering if callaway drivers crack the most?

    i'll start
    2019 Callaway Rogue
    callaway replaced it with an epic flash
  • Colinmac9
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2019
    • 19

    #2
    Cracked a Taylormade R11s, taylormade would not replace.

    Comment

    • wbond
      Ultimate Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 3489

      #3
      Nope, mine just laughs and says “that’s all you got” or maybe that’s “John” chiming in.

      Comment

      • Mrtheplague
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2016
        • 15

        #4
        Cracked a two year old g30 driver... About two weeks before a golf trip. Sent it back and ping replaced it.

        In the meantime I bought a ping g driver for the trip and about two months later cracked that one too which ping also replaced.

        I have since sold the g replacement and I'm still playing the g30 going on a bonus two years now.

        Comment

        • Gresh12
          Advanced Member
          • Feb 2017
          • 277

          #5
          I had the face crack on an Epic SZ a couple days ago. Callaway is sending me a new Epic Flash SZ as a replacement. No choice on shaft aside from flex but I can keep my old shaft instead if I don’t like what they send (mine was fit and shortened so I wanted to use my current shaft anyway).

          Comment

          • Dax
            Ultimate Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 1797

            #6
            I have seen this happen with a Taylormade. Face cracked during a round with a friend and TM did nothing to remedy. I believe it was a RBZ driver.

            Comment

            • Gresh12
              Advanced Member
              • Feb 2017
              • 277

              #7
              I’ve heard anecdotally that Callaway and Ping are very reasonable most/all of the time whereas Taylormade is much less so. Boggles my mind why you would skimp here on a reasonably recent club where fowl play isn’t obvious. One bad experience with a company on something like that would turn me off of them probably forever whereas a positive experience makes me extremely loyal.

              Comment

              • SkeetShooter
                Advanced Member
                • Feb 2019
                • 464

                #8
                None have cracked on me... I did dent the head though once from a buddy who thought it would be funny to unstrap my bag from the cart....

                Comment

                • cclaar
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 16

                  #9
                  Had the toe of my M5 cave in and Taylormade replaced it no questions asked.

                  Comment

                  • 968Cab
                    Advanced Member
                    • Jul 2019
                    • 446

                    #10
                    Not a driver, but TM M2 irons, caved face on 4 of them. TM replaces with M6 no questions asked. Well past warranty. Surprised to hear they’d give you a hard time Dax.

                    Comment

                    • Dax
                      Ultimate Member
                      • Oct 2014
                      • 1797

                      #11
                      It was one of the guys I play with on the weekends and we were both very surprised and shocked with the response. I know which manufacturer I will avoid going forward due tot he way they treated him.

                      Comment


                      • 968Cab
                        968Cab commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ouch. Sad to hear.
                    Working...