Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Club champion fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club champion fitting

So looking at getting new irons in the next month or two. I have been trying to decide between going to pgatoursuperstore for fitting vs club champion. I have read mixed reviews about CC. I know you have to pay fitting fee which is fine with me. My biggest concern is getting there and they just push upgrades for shafts, etc. I have been interested in the mizunos. Not opposed to paying for the right irons but would want it to be reasonable. Anyone been to club champion and have some recommendations? Thanks

Here is what I understand more about CC. The better you are (lower handicap) the more they will push upgrades. Mostly because they can demonstrate the differences between certain shafts, etc. The other thing that CC does is they will 'Pure' your shafts for an additional cost. Regarding Mizuno... you get a lot of options for their stock shafts, and i wouldn't doubt you would be able to get fit at any place without paying for an upgrade on Mizuno shafts for irons/wedges. Now who will do a better job, PGA vs. CC... I would lean towards CC, but that's my opinion. I went to a local fitter who was just awesome and not affiliated with either. See who is a top 100 fitter in your area and compare to CC or PGA.

Comment

• cwuga3
      cwuga3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, appreciate the advice

I bought my clubs through them a few years ago. They did not push anything on me. I did get my clubs pured but that was my choice. I thought that, what the heck its only a little bit more money and there must be a reason for doing it. When you do the fitting you don't use stock clubs they put whatever head you want on different shafts. So that way the clubs are the best they can be for you. All is done with trackman, so you can see the numbers and make an informed decision. They have so many to choose from you should be able to get the best you can. You don't have to buy the club's from them they will give you the information so that you could buy them from anywhere. If you do buy from them the fitting is then free. I did the whole bag fitting, so driver, irons and wedges plus putter. As an aside with the putter fitting my putter put the best stroke on the machine, he did not recommend any of the others on hand so did not charge me for that. If you what to do your whole bag I would recommend splitting it up to different days off you can. By the time I got done I was exhausted and not making the best swings and I play every day. I could not do it because I had to drive 6 hours to get to the site and didn't want to spend the night. I am still using the clubs I bought. Also they reshafted a couple of my current clubs as I did not want to replace the heads. All in all it was a nice experience and would do it again, following my advice about not doing all in one fitting.

Comment

• cwuga3
      cwuga3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Helpful for sure. Just realized there is also a swingfit in my area too. Leaning towards doing CC.

I think the biggest thing is to have an idea of your budget before going in and communicate. TXG has a great video about prepping for the process and give great advice. I would also recommend them if you are in the Toronto area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gF7wsAcc8

Comment

Just in case you might consider other brands and I am not affiliated but with their current pricing you may want to look at PXG I believe they now charge a $50 fitting fee.

Comment

• Burtgolf
        Burtgolf commented
        Editing a comment
        SkeetShooter they have changed that recently. I confirmed with my fitter its $50 if you purchase or not and the $50 does not get applied to your purchase. When I was fitted for my 0211s around this time last year it was free if I purchased or not thru the PXG for Heroes program. I ended up getting 5-GW 0211, 17 and 22 degree hybrids (and I hated hybrids prior to hitting these), 3 wood and the Bat Attack putter. Absolutely best clubs I have ever hit!!

• SkeetShooter
        SkeetShooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense that they would add that in. I mean, with the economy and all and the increased difficulties for fitting processes, they had to find a way to offset increased expenses. I really liked the 0211's. Great deal, great look and profile. Really nice club. My buddy bought them and also got his hands on a 2i SGI Demo that the fitter gave away... That thing (screams off the tee) My 3w and Driver area awesome, and the service through and after my fitting has been great! I had a faulty shaft in my 3w that snapped and they sent me a replacement shaft no questions asked. I can't say enough good things about PXG or their reps!

• Dax
        Dax commented
        Editing a comment
        Too many people going to fittings and then just getting free data I believe. Heard that this was happening a lot.

Both me and my dad were fit at Club Champion for new irons. I'm a 5 handicap and my dad is a 12. The experience was great for both of us and they didn't try to push either of us into more expensive shafts. They did talk to us about the differences between the shafts (including cost) but let us decide on our own without any 'sales' pressure. I highly recommend them and plan on using them again when I get fit for a new driver next spring after completing the Super Speed program this winter.

Comment

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, what's the 'Super Speed' program? I would love to go there but unfortunately we seem to be in a Golf Superstore desert here (Northern Indiana), and our closest one I think is in Indianapolis - 2.5 hours away!

FYI just saw an ad CC is offering 50% off club fitting fee.....

Comment

These have been helpful, better than what I read online. Will def do CC for the irons this year and prob driver next year. Thanks to all

Comment

Originally posted by nbar View Post
          FYI just saw an ad CC is offering 50% off club fitting fee.....
          The ad I saw said 50% off with a $500 purchase. I believe this is new as I did a whole bag fitting 2 years ago at 50% off with no additional purchace.

Comment

Got fit for a putter a few months back, not impressed and glad it was free. Felt like any of the golf stores would’ve been just as good as the did with the same results...

Comment

Working...
            X