Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video recording software - Kinovea - it's awesome

Hi guy

Just wanted to shout out to Kinovea as a GREAT program to do video replay. I use IDS uEye cameras with Skytrak + TGC and it's awesome.

I've used MotionView, V1, Swinguru Pro, Trackman TPS and other software... this is awesome and FREE!!
    [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
    AUS: +61390057975
    USA : +14698449353
    Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

At the risk of sending everyone of on a deadend, has anyone tried this camera?

It's a global shutter camera on a much larger sensor with good resolution at 145 fps. Designed for Windows so it probably has a good chance of working in kinovea. Being a Chinese special it should be cheaper than the normal suspects. They list some others also.

I emailed about price and availability and never got a response though... Lol

Comment

Hi guys, quick thought... instead of using VLC to replay the videos... what about just switching Kinovea from 2 camera record to 2 display mode on replay?

Comment

• inorkuo
        inorkuo commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my first thought too but when I started stepping through it, I realized quickly that it would be very problematic.

OK I got one PC working with recording set the Hz to 575 and -36Db using an old usb cam with a mic plug in. On teh 2nd PC I used a nice new USB3 mic and cannot get it to work! It sorta works around 44Hz and -36Db. Anyone else had a bit of trouble with TonDet?

Comment

OK guys I've had enough of the TonDet... I am writing a script that will read when a shot is hit in TGC or SkyTrak and will run the record script in Kinovea!

Comment

• inorkuo
          inorkuo commented
          Editing a comment
          you may need to adjust the gain on the mic in windows settings. i use audio zone trigger instead of tonedet and it works well for me but it costs $25.

Chaps, anyone have any thoughts on adding a fisheye lens onto a PS3 Eye, of those that have space implications...?

Comment

Sure, you can add whatever you want. Lenses are cheap. Just need the right size mount since the stock lens and mount are glued together as i recall.

Wider angles usually have increasingly more barrel distortion so there is that as well.

A fish eye sounds a bit much to me...that would be pretty close...hard to interpret what you're seeing when that close. For more info see: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...8436#post88436

Comment

Just found this thread and wanted to thank inorkuo and the rest of you. It's working a treat for me with a PS3eye

Comment

Harry had a spare camera and came over and helped me get fully set up in a matter of a couple of minutes. Everything was working perfect and then after I restarted audio zone trigger isnt reading sound. The little mixer that show the level is completely blank. I've selected different audio in sources, made sure I was running as administrator and it has not done a thing. Anyone else have a similar issue and know of a fix?

Comment

what microphone are you using? This has happened to me before and I believe it was because the audio source selected had disappeared from device manager. at the time I was using the mic in the ps3eye camera. the solution was kill all instances of audio zone trigger in task manager and then unplug and replug the camera.

Comment

I did what you suggested and it's working perfectly now.

Comment

some people have asked me about the dual camera script which is posted earlier in this thread. it works great for about 30 minutes and then the timing starts to get weird. the delay set in kinovea starts to slide to the point where the capture starts at the top of the backswing. once kinovea is closed and re-opened it runs fine again. I have a ram upgrade on the way, but I only see about 50-60% max memory usage so I'm skeptical that going from 8gb to 16gb of ram will do much. i'm going to post on the kinovea forum and ask the developer there if he has any ideas. when I get my ram upgraded i'll report back.

Comment

i upgraded my ram from 8gb to 16gb over the weekend and it did not make a difference. kinovea continues to bog down around the 30 minute mark running dual camera capture. i posted in the kinovea forum to see if anyone there can provide some input.

Comment

i figured out why kinovea was bogging down after 30 minutes running in dual capture mode. after each video is created, a thumbnail appears below the capture window. each thumbnail is a new control in the gui. after 30 minutes there can be 100 or more thumbnails and kinovea starts getting cranky. i'll post the modified scripts soon.

Comment

attached is the modified dual camera recording script for kinovea that will not crash kinovea after 30 minutes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

attached is another version that puts the playback on top of tgc or whatever sim software you run on the primary display. i use this during my live video lessons. i put my ipad dtl so my instructor can see my swing and the ball flight in tgc. then the slow motion playback for dtl and fo pop up.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• inorkuo
                              inorkuo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I found a bug in the code. do not use this version.
                          Working...
                          X