Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bob Chung winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Franklin Templeton Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 XMAS Tour - XMAS Champions of Champions with 2 rounds at Glen Abbey CC (White Tees) by BoomBoom : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-of-champions
See more
See less

Video recording software - Kinovea - it's awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the corrected version.
    Attached Files

Comment

inorkuo thank you very much. The new script is working great. @all don't use it the first time in an tournament. Did that last night and was so determent with changing my bad swing that I forgot I was playing a tournament lol. This software and setup are great. Never thought that i was going back so far in my backswing. Thanks again to all involved for the great work

Comment

• inorkuo
        inorkuo commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome. I'm happy to hear that it's working for you. I didn't think about how different languages could change what the script would have to do.

Hi all,

I am seriously considering upgrade my sim room with front and down camera to improve my swing. Is this setup (script + cheap camera around 60$) still appropriate or do you advise something new since few months ?

Thanks again for all th├Ęses help/inputs.

Comment

if you are looking for a 2 camera setup, if your computer is fast enough, this is a great solution. it's not the easiest to set up, but once you get it up and running, it's easy to use. there are also apps like zepp and swingprofile that you can use on a phone or tablet that work pretty well if you are looking for a 1 camera setup.

Comment

inorkuo thanks for sharing, this post made me wanna try 2 x ps3 cams. But im struggeling with using both at the same time. Kinovea sort of finns both cameras but only show picture for one. I use windows 8.1 on My sim-computer ( dont ask Why) But anyways how did you do? Thanks in advance

Comment

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            you may be on to something. I didn't mess around with it long enough to narrow down the issue. I ran one ps3 eye camera and one 100fps camera for a few months. it worked fine except that because the framerates are different you can't sync up the videos. I eventually upgraded both cameras.

• aja
            aja commented
            Editing a comment
            inorkuo Seems like you are one of the ones who have figured this out. I have gotten as far as using the ps3eye cameras but never really got to the point where Kinovea would record and replay smoothly.
            From your comments it sounds like the "cheap ebay cameras" are the way to go.

This is the link from earlier: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22214451...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This still the case? Maybe there are newer cameras available?
            Interested in your thoughts.
            Last edited by aja; 12-11-2017, 06:45 PM.

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            aja i started a new thread because several people have contacted me asking how to get two ps3eyes to work. i recommend the ebay cameras but you can get the ps3eye cameras to work.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...k-with-kinovea

I have a question:
          If you use the this kinovea software. How is it possible to get this to do auto record. Its a bugger you need to start it. I read that you can use a software to pickup the sound when you hit the ball. But how do you see the hole swing then. Wont you only get it from when you hit the ball then?

Comment

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            kinovea 0.8.15 has a live delay feature so if your swing takes 3 seconds, you put a 3 second delay in kinovea and when the sound of the strike triggers the recording your swing is captured.

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Inorkue is correct....I think we confuse the discussion sometimes by using record and playback. The fact is we are just using a delay which shows the swing after the delay that you specify. We are not recording, going to playback, etc...

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Forget to add, that I actually use 10 seconds for first camera and 12 seconds on the second camera. I found that I need that much time after contact to watch the ball in flight on TGC, then see the info screen then the kinovea. If you are strictly hitting on kinovea the yea, 2 to 3 seconds would be about right
        Working...
        X