Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video recording software - Kinovea - it's awesome

Hi guy

Just wanted to shout out to Kinovea as a GREAT program to do video replay. I use IDS uEye cameras with Skytrak + TGC and it's awesome.

I've used MotionView, V1, Swinguru Pro, Trackman TPS and other software... this is awesome and FREE!!
    [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
    AUS: +61390057975
    USA : +14698449353
    Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

script modified per FaultyClubs suggestion to not allow multiple instances to run.
    Attached Files

Comment

• jrz
      jrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Any chance you'd be willing to share your raw script file?

• inorkuo
      inorkuo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm out of town on business but I'll try to post the code tonight if I have it on my laptop.

There is another thread with some camera info here:

I'd like to add a camera set-up to do live video analysis indoors in my hitting bay. I have a newish laptop with a good graphics card, and I plan to add a USB

I recently got this setup with 2 PS3 Eye cameras, and it works great. They max out at 640x480 @ 75fps, which is amazing for $5 each at amazon! I like it so much I have ordered an IDS 3140CP camera that should arrive next week. 1280x1024 @ 220 fps. Getting a 4-8mm lens to go with it.

I like the idea of automaticaly triggering the recording based on the sound of impact...I am going to attempt to get that setup.

Comment

• jrz
      jrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Shardak or inorkuo, were you able to get the audio triggered recording to work with the two cameras at the same time?

• jrz
      jrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind, I found it. I thought the au3 file was an executable. Thanks for sharing.

I've heard there is some difficulty getting the IDS cameras to work correctly with Kinovea, is that true? It sounds like the you get the most for your money with the PS3 eye cameras. You guys would say these are sufficient? I've thought about trying the Logitech C922, which is suppose to have 720p at 60fps.
    Anyway thanks for this info, it is great! I'm still trying to get the right combination of software and cameras. When I started I had no idea there would be so much to wade through to get a solid solution.

Comment

Originally posted by RFreund View Post
      I've heard there is some difficulty getting the IDS cameras to work correctly with Kinovea, is that true? It sounds like the you get the most for your money with the PS3 eye cameras. You guys would say these are sufficient? I've thought about trying the Logitech C922, which is suppose to have 720p at 60fps.
      Anyway thanks for this info, it is great! I'm still trying to get the right combination of software and cameras. When I started I had no idea there would be so much to wade through to get a solid solution.
      Yes the PS3 eye camera are good enough to provide alot of feedback. 75fps is not quite enough to be able to see the shaft and webcams all have rolling shutters so you see bent or invisible shafts in some frames.

This video shows my swing captured with Kinovea using my pair of PS3 Eye cameras at 640x480 75fps. Its in dark garage lighting (just an overhead 60w bulb and a desk lamp). Its enough to learn alot about you swing.

Online Swing Analysis TGC Simulator Tour PlayersBy Mike Sullivan Golf Schoolhttp://golfsimulatorforum.com

Comment

I have a Logitech C922, and can't get it to work at 60fps. It defaults to 30fps, and there are no settings in the camera to set it to 60fps.
        I've just sent an enquiry off to IDS for prices. I hope it's also compatible with FSX.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered this camera. Its coming from China so it'll be a while before I can try it. Claims to do 120fps at 640x480.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321951474828...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          Last edited by inorkuo; 12-11-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inorkuo View Post
            I ahead and ordered this camera. Its coming from China so it'll be a while before I can try it. Claims to do 120fps at 640x480.

Make sure you report back how you get on! I'm interested to see how that goes.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered this camera. Its coming from China so it'll be a while before I can try it. Claims to do 120fps at 640x480.

Yea same, was looking at it when you posted it before and super intriguing.

Comment

I ordered one of these last week too! So cheap I thought it would be worth a shot!

Comment

How are you planning on mounting it? I see there is one for a few $$ more that is in a case with a mounting bracket.

Comment

currently i have my ps3eye camera out of it's case and taped to my garage door. actually the pcb is taped to a piece of cardboard and the cardboard is taped to the garage door. i may end up doing something just as ugly with the new camera.

Comment

FaultyClubs inorkuo or anyone else.... finally got around to attempting to set up my automatic camera playback today and it mostly went alright but.......How the heck do you get the tonedet software to initiate the macro? Ive tried attaching the .exe script file from autohotkey in there and nothing triggers no matter what freq or dbs i put it at. I can see sound bar moving but no trigger. Ive even tried making the exe file just a single button press that could trigger the macro and put in into tonedet and nothing. Im not sure how or maybe just what to put the first line of the script as for it to work with tonedet triggering.

Audio zone trigger has been working very easily for me as I am able to pick what button it is mapped to nice and easy in the program. Cant for the life of me figure out how to do it in tonedet and would love to be able to specify the frequecy of the club hit with that. If anyone else knows out there what im missing, please let me know. Otherwise Ill just roll with the audio zone trigger i guess.

Comment

Maybe tonedet is too technical with too many parameters then. If audio zone works then just go with that.
                        ​​​​
                        tonedet doesn't need anything in your script. It doesn't care what it is calling. Just compile your script to an .EXE executable and point tonedet to call that. Test your EXE by double clicking it directly and your script should run. After that it is just a matter of setting your microphone, soundcard and tonedet triggering parameters until it triggers. I wrote a more detailed post in one of these threads when inorkuo asked so maybe look at that to see if it helps or hinders.

Can't think of any more advice atm. Inorkuo struggled with it so maybe he has a better sense of what goes wrong. Its always worked great for me so I've never "found" all the things that could go wrong (or I've forgotten).

Comment

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
                          Maybe tonedet is too technical with too many parameters then. If audio zone works then just go with that.
                          ​​​​
                          tonedet doesn't need anything in your script. It doesn't care what it is calling. Just compile your script to an .EXE executable and point tonedet to call that. Test your EXE by double clicking it directly and your script should run. After that it is just a matter of setting your microphone, soundcard and tonedet triggering parameters until it triggers. I wrote a more detailed post in one of these threads when inorkuo asked so maybe look at that to see if it helps or hinders.

Can't think of any more advice atm. Inorkuo struggled with it so maybe he has a better sense of what goes wrong. Its always worked great for me so I've never "found" all the things that could go wrong (or I've forgotten).
                          Played around with it some more after reading this and it rang a few bells. For one I was stupid and didnt rename the exe file and kept putting the wrong thing in tonedet. Kept putting in some ahk.exe file in the program file for autohotkey thinking that was it, but wasnt and really I needed to choose the one that I saved on my desktop. Renaming it to aaaa made that much more apparent haha. So with that dumb mistake out of the way, still couldnt get it to execute the script until I turned the hz to 0 and dbs to -33 and then it wouldnt stop reading and executing it over and over again and had to restart the computer. Got it back up and slowly toyed with the hz and dbs settings until I was able to get it to read normally. Audio zone trigger was definitely a little easier overall, but almost too sensitive even at the widest settings. So gonna try them both out now once I get back into the garage and see what I like and works best. Thanks for the tips faulty

Comment

• inorkuo
                            inorkuo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            you can adjust the gain on your microphone to in windows to make it more or less sensitive. in my case, the ps3eye cam's mic seems to be more sensitive than my cheap logitech mic that plugs into the 3.5mm jack. the ps3eye mic set around 70% works about the same as the logitech at 100% for audio zone trigger.

i had that same problem w tonedet crashing my computer bc i set the audio thresholds too low. faulty suggested i add some lines to my code to only allow one instance to run. So it shouldn't be an issue anymore but i haven't spent any more time trying to get tonedet set up properly bc audio zone trigger has been working fine for me. i will get around to it eventually though, since faulty was saying it is actually a better program because you can specify the tone frequency where audio zone trigger is based on volume alone.

you can adjust the gain on your microphone to in windows to make it more or less sensitive. in my case, the ps3eye cam's mic seems to be more sensitive than my cheap logitech mic that plugs into the 3.5mm jack. the ps3eye mic set around 70% works about the same as the logitech at 100% for audio zone trigger.

i had that same problem w tonedet crashing my computer bc i set the audio thresholds too low. faulty suggested i add some lines to my code to only allow one instance to run. So it shouldn't be an issue anymore but i haven't spent any more time trying to get tonedet set up properly bc audio zone trigger has been working fine for me. i will get around to it eventually though, since faulty was saying it is actually a better program because you can specify the tone frequency where audio zone trigger is based on volume alone.
                          Ah, didn't even think about being able to adjust the gain to make the trigger less sensitive. That should work very nicely then!

Look forward to testing them both out, but can see myself getting frustrated trying to find the perfect range in tonedet and if I can just adjust the gain to the point where the club is the only thing that triggers it in audio trigger zone, that would be super easy.

Gonna use faulty's tonedet settings a go that I saw he explained in detail on the other thread as a baseline to try and go from there as well

Thank you both for the tips to get me over the final hurdle here. May post a little guide for dummies at some point if I can get it locked in here and functional haha

Comment

Working...
                          X