Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on simulation room! Please

Hi Guys,

Im Karl from Northern Ireland, I have decided to cut my garage in half and build a simulation room. I have put a new roof on the garage and built up the floor so I can add insulation as i have no heat in at. The room is about 4.5m x 5.5m

I need advice on everything! I have a SKYTRAK +TGC and I need to know what is the best impact screen to buy and where to get it in europe. Also how far does it have to be from the wall and the best distance away from the screen to hit from. And how is the screen installed ie do you get a metal frame and use bungies to attach?

I am looking to put a couple of touch screen Tvs in it and also 2 cameras for slow motion recording but i have no idea where to get the cameras and what fps they would need to be?

And do any of you have surround sound installed?

Im at the stage of wiring and I don`t want to mess this up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karl

Last edited by Karl Crozier; 12-30-2016, 01:55 PM.

Hi Karl, first I am extremely jealous of that backyard green and sand bunker. Very nice.

As far as the screen, I use a metal frame and attached with bungie cords. My frame is about 10 inches from the wall. I also hung a heavy black tarp behind the screen which improves the screen image and quiets my impact shots.

Regarding the slow motion cameras and analysis, there are a couple of threads on that subject as well as the needed software.

I do have a surround system hooked up to my system. It plugs in through my Optima projector and I think it is one of the best additions I made to my system. i highly recommend it.

Good Luck,
    Gene

Comment

• Karl Crozier
      Karl Crozier commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Gene,

Thank your for your reply.. 10" doesn't seem alot. Is your impact screen really tight as i thought it would have needed a lot more room behind it?

Oh and that is not a Bunker anymore it has been taken over and is now a sand pit for my 2 year old..lol

Swingsense .com is ProTees site. They sell screens and are in Europe.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Karl Crozier
      Karl Crozier commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the reply. They don`t seem to have them in stock but I have emailed them.

I have 8 inches space behind screen, never hit the wall, although they do recommend more

Comment

Hi Karl...
      I'm up in Scotland, and imported most of my stuff from the US. Have a look at my build thread here:
      Back at the beginning of 2015, I had a go at turning my 2 car garage into a simulator room. One of the main issues I faced was that I had to have it collapsable...

Maybe it'll give you some ideas, or maybe it'll be a waste of 10 mins of your life reading through it all! Please don't be put off by the first pic though - that was my first attempt!

Pete

Comment

• p3eps
        p3eps commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of my things came from the states... all from Par2Pro.
        I originally got the GC2 from them over 2 years ago, and then got my screen / backing net / curtains / rails / side & top trim / ceiling netting in 3 separate bundles in the middle of this year.
        I'm on holiday at the moment, and my phone only keeps my last month or so of emails - so I can't check the exact prices.
        For some reason I still have the PDF of the curtains invoice - and they were $1235 + $300 shipping + import duties / tax.
        It seemed a ludicrous price to me as it was more than my living room curtains cost - but when you see them and feel the quality, it's understandable why they're so expensive!!

Everything was custom made to fit my exact sizing. I built the metal frame to the maximum dimensions I had available, and Cory at Par2Pro sorted everything out for me.

I had to do it as separate purchases as I wanted to measure how much white space I'd have at the top of the screen before purchasing the top trim. Extra shipping costs, but the only way I could ensure it'd fit right when my projector was in place.

I learned from my first attempt that if you try and scrimp and save money, the end product won't be what you really want... and it'll cost you a lot more to fix it than it would have to do it right from the start! The Par2Pro stuff was all pretty expensive... but as with most things in life - you get what you pay for!

• Karl Crozier
        Karl Crozier commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Pete,

I think the first thing i need to do is buy the frame. Where did you get the pipe and fittings from? Also i see you would be offset a couple of feet from the centre of the screen how does that affect playing and putting?

Many thanks for your replies

Karl

• p3eps
        p3eps commented
        Editing a comment
        If you read through my thread, it gives you a link to the place I got my frame. I think it was themetalstore.co.uk or something similar.

Yes, I'm offset. Personally I don't think it makes any difference as both TGC and FSX have an offset feature in the software - so that I'm shooting at a target straight in front of me.

Having a huge wide screen that I can hit in the centre would be preferable, however it's not possible in my space.
    Working...
    X