The_Players_Championship

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Players Championship runs from TODAY - March 17.

Purse: $15,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 3008 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Follow the tour and winner announcements on Facebook and Twitter:
    https://facebook.com/proteeunited / https://twitter.com/proteeunited

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Originally posted by rjd1975 View Post
    I know there are times where shots skip over the hole on the ghost and they went in during the original round...that could contribute. I know that happened on my hole in one, anytime I watched the replay it hit off the pin and ended up tap in distance. That would seem like a birdie instead of an eagle.
    This also happened to me when playing in the match play tournament. I’m like nice try and the guys says it went in.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

I had a melt down on holes 2 and 3 I almost just bagged whole tournament. But walked away and regrouped. I was impatient and super tight I should have warmed up more

Comment

Was -4 going into 11. Sitting in the light rough 148 out after my second shot, hit what I thought was a pretty good 9 iron; GC2 said 144 yards...ball flys 93 yards and splashes into the water. Never had that happen before, watched the replay and it looked like a clean flight. Ended up taking double and kind of lost my momentum.

Comment

Coz - I played your 2nd round ghost with turn order on. I think it putting that is off, I watch you make 4 yet 5 went on the score card. We must play very different green conditions. Replay and ghosts must not be replays as such - they must be recreations of shots that must be based on your settings - We see that when we get an odd replay that shows a different result from what saw happen. I'll join the TGC society and check there. Below are some grabs from me 2nd round - had to scramble a bit - don't go too crazy

Comment

Originally posted by dg_1983 View Post
            Coz - I played your 2nd round ghost with turn order on. I think it putting that is off, I watch you make 4 yet 5 went on the score card. We must play very different green conditions. Replay and ghosts must not be replays as such - they must be recreations of shots that must be based on your settings - We see that when we get an odd replay that shows a different result from what saw happen. I'll join the TGC society and check there. Below are some grabs from me 2nd round - had to scramble a bit - don't go too crazy

So like if my green speed is different than yours your ghost won’t replicate on my screen/green the same result. Your ghost was fine til we hit the greens that’s when it went sideways. It makes for a not so fun match when the ghost is possessed. What are your settings in the game?

You haven’t seen crazy yet

Wizard

Lol

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              You know what. This is true. I forgot. We found this years ago.

• FaultyClubs
              FaultyClubs commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the same in all versions of tgc.

Ghosts are simply the recorded shot data at the recorded location. Each shot is played under your current settings but where it lands or what happens to it has no bearing on the ghost player since the next ghost shot will be from the recorded location.

So different settings (including wind) can cause the ghost to land differently or react differently than the original. You see it in a bunker but it actually landed middle of fairway, or you see it lip out when he saw it go in etc.

With the increased user adjustability in tgc 2019 we're going to see more of these type of discrepancies.
              Last edited by FaultyClubs; 03-13-2019, 06:54 AM.

My Back is better. Able to join some tourneys not finish all. Played today, not well on the Player's. So just to confirm since I did the shot recording procedure a while back and never then played, if my score shows up here listed does that give any indication that shot recording is on and active I'm legit?

Secondly, even though I didn't finish most tournaments I've probably played six to eight rounds and it tells me my handicap is 5, but up above on score table it says 0. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay so I figured out SR is shot recording and that is good to go. But for the second question, my handicap for the Arnold Palmer was 14.4 and right now it's showing as 0? While the game tells me it's 5.

• mikeingp
              mikeingp commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't look like your shot recording has registering any shots yet. Have a look at your profile;

TGC Golf Simulator Tours, Tournaments and Challenges - Get the most out of your Golf Simulator. Join the excitement!

I don't see your handle player name showing up in the Arnold Palmer...did you change your name? That could be the source of your issues. Also, the in game handicap has no bearing on the tournament handicap, they're completely separate.

Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post
            My Back is better. Able to join some tourneys not finish all. Played today, not well on the Player's. So just to confirm since I did the shot recording procedure a while back and never then played, if my score shows up here listed does that give any indication that shot recording is on and active I'm legit?

Secondly, even though I didn't finish most tournaments I've probably played six to eight rounds and it tells me my handicap is 5, but up above on score table it says 0. Any thoughts?
            It was Brian in Arnold Palmer, figured that out I needed to make it Solstice72 at next tourney. So the tournament handicap is a hidden number within Protee?

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Saw the directory all right all this is noob business sorry. I just need to play more

• mikeingp
              mikeingp commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't notice it earlier, but if I click on on 'all shots', I can see them...your shot recording must be is setup correctly. When you changed your username, it likely reset all your stats. Shoot @protee a message, maybe they can migrate your old rounds and handicap across.

The only handicap that's relevant is the one losted next to your name on the leaderboard, ignore the rest. Shot recording is simple to setup, but equally simple to overlook a detail!

Comment

Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post

It was Brian in Arnold Palmer, figured that out I needed to make it Solstice72 at next tourney. So the tournament handicap is a hidden number within Protee?
              Your tournament handicap is on the tour website. Click any name on the leader-board and it'll take you there.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

I played so well through 15 holes last night in my first round! Then I got tired and my brain turned off: triple, double, double to finish...

Comment

I had something really strange happen during my second round. (and I'm not talking about shooting 1 under which IS strange for me!)

I think it was on the 13th hole. I hit a shot that felt really good, but what I saw was a weak shot to the right that went into a little pond well short of the green. After a previous thread concerning rewinds and it being stated that there would be no rewinds in 2019, I figured I would just take my lumps, drop the ball and hit. Hell, I was a couple under at that point, so I figured the golf gods were just taking one back.

However, the game gave me the drop circle, but would not allow me to move it. I could go back to the tee, or to the drop circle (which looked like it was going to drop it in mud) but the drop circle would not move. Normally in the past when I hit in the water and got the drop circle, it always allowed me to move it back to a yardage I like. I thought something might be "frozen up", because when I hit enter to drop the ball, nothing happened. I figured I would exit the game and resume it, and see if it would let me move the drop circle then. When I resumed the game, as I was getting ready for the laser to place my ball, I heard the sound of the club hitting the ball, and look up to see the ball flying and landing on the green. The freaking ball was still in my hand!!!

Anyone ever have something like this happen to them?

Comment

Had a chance to go really low in a few of the rounds but always managed to find a way to blow up a few holes. Looking forward to watching the pros play this week!

Comment

I played my first tournament round last night and I'm not seeing my results on the leaderboard. Does it take time to get your account setup or maybe I did something wrong? Any tips would help. Thanks.

Comment

I also played my first tournament (Q school Bethpage) round but I did not have my “nickname” in the tournament interface so I don’t know where my score is or how I would find it. I have corrected that now so will it correct my previous round?

Comment

Did you guys sort by name? What are your tour names?
                          My Courses:
                          World Par 3's by mthunt
                          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt
                          The National GC L mthunt
                          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                          Markland Woods CC mthunt
                          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                          Magna GC L mthunt
                          Barrie CC L mthunt
                          mthunt Range

Comment

• NENNO
                            NENNO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            my nickname in TGC is nenno. Looks like I had Eric Nenno in my setup file.
                            Last edited by NENNO; 03-15-2019, 12:59 AM.

• pwade3
                            pwade3 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Mine is the same as my forum name”pwade3” but I noticed it was blank in the interface setup. In the simulator/SkyTrak settings it was my full name which I tried to change but it would revert back to my real name from my nickname. I turned shot recording on and it would stay. Since I put in the nickname it seems to have stayed. Not sure I just made sense. I will play a tour round tomorrow. Still can’t find anything under my name from yesterday.

• mthunt
                            mthunt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            pwade3, did you play a tournament round or regular round? You need to complete a tournament. Also, your user id is not set correctly on the forum profile. Both user and id are the same. Your shot recording is likely not set up right.
                        Working...
                        X