Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @ArborMan (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii!

Join this weeks TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - The American Express with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Saturday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

No Putting Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Putting Society

At the risk of being called out by the people that love putting on TGC 2019, I'm thinking about setting up a society where every player sets putting to 'on green'. The way that works is one putt from within 6ft and 2 putts when on green but outside of 6ft. It's the only way my friends and I play local matches.

Before I set it up - I'd like to get some feedback. Is this of interest to anyone? I've stopped playing the regular events because putting on a sim measures how good you are at putting on a sim. It doesn't translate to traditional golf. The rest of the game - translates really well.

Please provide comments - positive or negative. Thanks.

Sounds like fun. Give it a go.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. However I would do it distance. Like 1putt not 6ft but maybe 12ft or 9ft.
      then 2 putts out to 60ft.

reward the guy that hits it to 11ft more than the guy that his it to 40ft.
      Last edited by Wizard of Coz; 11-29-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Lots play "on green" rather than putt out...so build it and they will come. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Comment

Sign me up

Comment

Thank you everyone. I'll set it up. Just need to do a little research to figure out how.
            ​​​​

Comment

I would be in too. Putting on SkyTrak stinks.

Comment

Like.it! I agree with coz, perhaps tweak the 1 putt distance a bit. I think scores will be very close with 6 foot 1 putts. Par easy, birdie very hard

Comment

I would participate, good idea! Wizard of Coz teach Mickey how to set up a society.

Comment

Just getting into TGC, but this is my biggest bitch! My screen is 10' from my tee and putting location. I putt and and it barely makes the screen and then I am 20 yards past the hole on a 3" downward putt. I've tried many things to try and compensate on the stimp between my grass and TGC courses and nothing works. Count me in! I also agree with Coz. Reward the better approach shot. I might get lucky once in a while and be rewarded!

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                      Wizard of Coz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If I hit a 10 foot putt to screen on cce strips 3 inches down it will go 13 to 14 ft in game.
                      My stimp 5 speed and green softness 3,1

Originally posted by Gman17 View Post
                    Just getting into TGC, but this is my biggest bitch! My screen is 10' from my tee and putting location. I putt and and it barely makes the screen and then I am 20 yards past the hole on a 3" downward putt. I've tried many things to try and compensate on the stimp between my grass and TGC courses and nothing works. Count me in! I also agree with Coz. Reward the better approach shot. I might get lucky once in a while and be rewarded!
                    You know that the settings are adjustable right?

Comment

I played a round in this Society last night. While I won't forgo putting tournaments or general putting play, it was a ton of fun and made for a speedier round. Side benefit (or frustration) is that when you just sneak or leak onto the fringe, you'll need to chip or putt from there forcing you to work on your chipping.

Comment

I would be interested too! What is the name of your society?

Comment

Im in... Whats the name of society

Comment

• orangeman
                            orangeman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No Putting Society

I played 15 holes yesterday before my kids walked into the sim room. Will finish the round today. My first observation is that 6 ft for 1 putt is too short. Wiz is right about that. I'll make a change for the next event. Something like 9ft or 3 yards makes more sense. No birdies over 15 holes. That's a bit strange. On average I have 2-3 per round. Think it's the 6ft setting.

Played the 15 holes in 35 minutes. Only hit 3 woods from the deck (no driver) and no putting - really speeds up the round.
                          ​​​​​​
                          thank you to all who played the first event. I joined the wiz society hoping to learn what makes a society successful.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                            Jwheels9876 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You start by referring to yourself in the 3rd person

• FirGir
                            FirGir commented
                            Editing a comment
                            FirGir chuckled at this sound advice and plans to join the No Putting Society
                        Working...
                        X