Help! Can't play TGC 2019 online with Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Can't play TGC 2019 online with Friend

Situation: In TGC 2019 my friend can see all of my shots during a round, but I can't see any of his shots. Also, he can add me as a rival, but I can't add him.

Has anyone had this issues? if so how did you resolve it? do I need to change setting for my router's Port forwarding?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated...

This is not an issues when we play TGC-O

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
    Situation: In TGC 2019 my friend can see all of my shots during a round, but I can't see any of his shots. Also, he can add me as a rival, but I can't add him.

Has anyone had this issues? if so how did you resolve it? do I need to change setting for my router's Port forwarding?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated...

This is not an issues when we play TGC-O
    Both go to the tee on the same course and tee and pin. Both click groups and add rival and add the other guy. Both. Both tee off. It’ll sync after you hit. Put turn order on first.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not at home. Are you setting the game as Stroke Play?

• Rhino
      Rhino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we are setting the game as stroke play. we are trying to isolate which of our PCs/Routers is causing the issue.

i believe By connecting to a third person (hopefully you, when you’re available) we can tell who has the issue and then go from there.

we can make ourselves available whenever is convenient for you....

Thx

• Rcrosley51
      Rcrosley51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rhino was speaking of the connection problem we are having. I read your reply. We go to the first TEE (Same Tees, Same Pin). Then we set "Turn Order". Then we go to Group. I can see Rhino on the add player list, but I (roger crosley) can't be seen by Rhino on the add player list. After we sync up I can see his golfer's shots, turn order changes (from mine to his) on my screen like it should but I am invisible to Rhino. Keep in mind we are on the phone at the same time and I tell him when it is his turn to hit.

We have we have spent hours online with ProTee support. They used there remote console to take over each machine with no success. We both have set up port forwarding as suggested 3300-3400. Still with he is unable to see me. ProTee support while taking over both computers manipulated Windows firewall, and Norton settings still he can't see me. 

If you have any ideas or a refreshed look at the problem we are open to any suggestions.

​​​​​​​Roger

This rcrosley51 I've been trying to connect with Rhino. I can see him under rivials but he can't see me. I add him to my group, after I tee off I can see his shots, (turn order on) but can't see me nor do I appear in his rival list.

I will make myself available if you have time to help.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, we are setting the game as stroke play. we are trying to isolate which of our PCs/Routers is causing the issue.

i believe By connecting to a third person (hopefully you, when you’re available) we can tell who has the issue and then go from there.

we can make ourselves available whenever is convenient for you....

thx

Comment

• Rcrosley51
        Rcrosley51 commented
        Editing a comment
        I left out that ProTee says the problem is on my end. They said they couldn't see me either when they took over my computer.

Thanks
        Last edited by Rcrosley51; 02-14-2020, 10:42 PM. Reason: error

I still don't appear on any friends rival list online TGC2. I can see him with no problem on my rival list. I've tried a separate and different brand modem. Still same problem. I've connected with my cell hot spot again the same problem, which leads me to believe it is some setting on my windows 10 computer. I've disabled the Norton, windows, and modem firewalls with no resolve.

​​Has anyone got any ideas what to look at to correct the problem?

Thanks

Comment

I am following these directions to a "tee" - last night, my brother had me in his group, and he could see my shots, but I couldn't even see him in the list of people to add. Oddly, I could see myself as an option to add to the group. We tried everything we could possibly think of, constantly double checking settings, restarting the whole event, no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It seems like it's still got to be something simple, or at least I hope so.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          So Rcrosly has a strange issue with his pc and no one can see him. No idea why. For you both players go to the same course and go to the same tee and pin then both click settings, GROUP, add rival and look for each other. YOu should see each other with no score. I do it all the time. I played with Rcrosly last week but on TGC1.

Did you ever figure this out? I've been having the exact same issue

Comment

Originally posted by Jalmashy View Post
          Did you ever figure this out? I've been having the exact same issue
          Is your issue you one can't see the other on the tee? Did you both make sure you had the same settings and course? Sometimes there are two versions of a course. I don't think anyone has figured this out but it's super rare.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Remember I let you do TeamViewer on my pc a couple weeks ago with no change. I submitted a ticket and got this.

ProTee Support, Feb 11, 2021, 8:14 GMT+1:
            We have currently have no quick fix. We have seen a similar issue. The client installed a new motherboard and cpu and the problem was fixed.
            We have no idea where it's coming from.

Comment

I did get everything working properly. I had to completely re-install a windows 10. It seems certain versions of windows has problems. As it was my PC came with a, disc image of the OS installed.

After the re-install I had to reset the modem because you get a different machine ID. Before you do the install make sure you have your launch monitor licenses and TGC 2019 LICENSE STUFF STORED SOMEWHERE.

Comment

Comment

Hey guys , I’m having the same problem , I can find my partner but they can’t find me on the tee when trying to add each other to a group. Did you guys find anything else besides reinstalling windows ?

Comment

Hey guys I’m currently having this same issue
                    I was hoping to get an answer on this
                    im running tgc version v4.0.7 and my friends are running v4.2.7
                    is that because they are using mevo? Or is that a newer version
                    i can find them online as rivals but they can’t find me
                    i am currently reinstalling windows tonight so I’ll try to reinstall tgc as well

Comment

So I am now able to be found and seems like my issue is resolved
                      heres What I noticed
                      I was running v4.0.7 or something as I installed the sim 2 years ago

my friends recently purchased and were using v.4.2.7
                      I think that was the issue
                      i reset my windows and reinstalled tgc with a new code from protee etc
                      i Now have version 4.2.7 and my friends found me

hope this helps others who are having the same issue of not Being found as a rival

Comment

Working...
                      X