How to get involved in tournament play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get involved in tournament play

Hello all. Just got a new SkyTrak and TGC2019. All good so far. Just curious how to get involved in tournaments, or even leagues if they exist. Once involved, I’m assuming different rules per tournament. Do most require putting, or do gimme rules apply? Are they handicapped? Etc. Thanks for any help!

From the menu screen, go to "societies." A "society" is essentially a tour or league. I believe you are allowed to belong to 6 at a time.

The most popular one is "ProTee United." It follows the PGA Tour schedule each week. (I anticipate the new schedule will be published very soon).

Go here = http://golfsimulatortours.com/home.php

Then click on "Tour Societies" at the top. That will bring up the more popular societies and you can see schedules and results.

You can also search for societies in the game to find smaller ones to join or create your own.

A "solo society" is just you playing against a field of computer players.

Most societies require putting and 6 foot gimmies is pretty standard for most. If you don't want to putt there is at least one no-putting society that I know of. You have to turn shot recording on and rewind (mulligans) off.

Most societies have both gross and net winners.

Societies are a lot of fun. The leaderboard updates every 15 minutes or so once you have completed all rounds for the tournament. And your player profile tracks all your tournament results and archives every shot you hit.
    Last edited by 3on3putt; 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

3on3putt , are the society tourneys for all players or just simulator players?
      My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
      Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
      Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
      Boyne Moor Lidar
      BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
      CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
      Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
      Marco Island CC Lidar3
      Willow Metropark Lidar5
      Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
      Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
      Meadowbrook Northville (L)
      The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
      Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
      Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
      Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
      Ottumwa Country Club
      And Many More...

Comment

Originally posted by jpotas View Post
        3on3putt , are the society tourneys for all players or just simulator players?
        Sim only. Console / PC versions have their own tournaments for those players.

Comment

There are only 2 societies that offer world ranking points.
          protee and the oldest 🏃‍♂️ society wizardofcoz Noonan

Comment

How do handicaps work?

Comment

Last I knew hdcps would be generated by q school/protee and Noonan rounds. They are updated once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
                Last I knew hdcps would be generated by q school/protee and Noonan rounds. They are updated once a week.
                Is this based on all your prior non-society completed rounds on TGC 2019?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's how hdcp is calculated for the tour events.
                  If you want a hdcp before playing tour event get one in q school otherwise you will get one after playing in the protee/Noonan events.
                  Last edited by Wizard of Coz; 01-06-2021, 04:05 AM.

Originally posted by Foreman33 View Post

Is this based on all your prior non-society completed rounds on TGC 2019?
                I believe you have to play in a Q-school event to establish a handicap. Then it updates once a week based on your tournament performances. You'll have a regular handicap and a tour handicap.

Comment

• Foreman33
                  Foreman33 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great - thanks!
              Working...
              X